Smaller upper or not?

speeddisorder

Established Member
Hey folks. Just put my Cobra away for the winter and need some advice. I just upgraded my fuel system to a bap and 80# injectors and a new jlt short ram and a ba 2400. I have a stage 7 steggy with a 6 pound lower and stock upper. Peak boost is 12.6. I made 498 hp and 470 tq on the dyno. I have a bassani catted x pipe and magnaflow cat back. What I want to do is put on some mac headers and pro chamber mid pipe. I plan to put a 75 wet shot on it next year and I think the better exhaust will help on the nitrous. Ive seen some cobra's lose a pound of boost or two when going to headers and no cats. Should I put a 3.4 or a 3.1 upper on the blower to get my boost to around 13 to 14 pounds. That seems to be the sweet spot for a ported blower. I have no cooling mods now but I will next spring. Or should I just spray it at 12.6 pounds. I do not drag race this car I just do a highway roll on from time to time. Thanks SpeedD.

FastNick01

Established Member
I would upgrade cooling mods for sure but don't see a problem running a slightly smaller pulley. I was running a 2.9/6lb combo on a stage 4 steig/posi ported dragon tb/plenum. No problems with heat however I was running E85 with fuel cooling mods. Made 525/565 if I remember correctly. Sounded amazing.

speeddisorder

Established Member
Looks like a 3.1 will put me where I need to be. With 14 pounds and a 75 shot should put me close to 600 rwhp and 600 or more on tq. Thanks. SpeedD

Users who are viewing this thread