Established Member
not bad, you def need that solid axle.

nice car!

i like the lengthy burnouts :burnout:

edit: if you dont have a short throw you might want to get one.:rockon:

Last edited:

mike01svt

Established Member
got the shifter... granny shifting, that was first time out with the blower.... everytime i started to spin i had to let off since i would get bad wheel hop..

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
nice runs... u should tryin SLIPPING the clutch instead of dumping...u will get better hook up's and that = better times:thumbsup:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
sweet editing and nice runs. What are your goals for this setup? I would think you could go low 12s if you get some traction.

mike01svt

Established Member
thanks guys I am gonna try slipping it next time.. it just sucks cuz if i leave too hard it feels good for a while and i think it will be a good run, but then boost hits and BAM the rear just starts sliding. They are nitto drags I am on, someone told me to heat them up for minimum 12 secs, plus those were bald already. Next set of nittos i am gonna head out there when they are brand new and see if it make a difference.

mike01svt

Established Member
havent tried dumping that low. I wont be heading out there until i get some better tires and install the IRS brace and some other goodies I ordered. 03 pump/tank and SCT maf

ReducedFat

THE PONTIFICATOR
Established Member
Originally posted by mike01svt
thanks guys I am gonna try slipping it next time.. it just sucks cuz if i leave too hard it feels good for a while and i think it will be a good run, but then boost hits and BAM the rear just starts sliding. They are nitto drags I am on, someone told me to heat them up for minimum 12 secs, plus those were bald already. Next set of nittos i am gonna head out there when they are brand new and see if it make a difference.
There's part of your problem right there, drag radials aren't meant to be boiled like slicks are. Do a 5-10 second 2nd gear burnout to heat them up a little bit and you'll get the best traction.

Plus do what everyone else said about slipping the clutch rather than dumping it, the car will bog a little but that's better than spin. Just keep practicing slipping at different RPM's and soon enough you'll find the g-spot.

mike01svt

Established Member
thanks for the info. I talked with others and they said BFG drags take 5-8 sec burnout, but nittos take a longer burnout.. I DID have better results on the last run, which was a longer burnout.. I am gonna try the slipping that should help a little.

mike01svt

Established Member
Originally posted by 03gobluecobra
sweet editing and nice runs. What are your goals for this setup? I would think you could go low 12s if you get some traction.

my goals are low low 12's since everything else on the car is stock LOL. and I am only running 9psi. And lastly those runs were with a considerable amount of timing pulled. I have a feeling i was closer to 450rwhp not 480. I relocated the IAT for those runs and it felt slower over all than it did with the IAT sensor before the blower.

Users who are viewing this thread