Small stone chips on the nose (what to do)

giz93cobra

AllWayz Sidewayz
Established Member
I have a few stone chips on the nose of my Teal Cobra what do you all sugest to either remove them or blend them. these are the only marks on my car and it's driving me nuts :shrug: Thanks

Jpjr

Established Member
it's too good to be true. honestly, it may or may not be a perfect fix, but for me its close enough to be way more preferable than having your entire hood repainted. if the chip has pierced the clear coat that is your only other option.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
this may not be an option at the time being... repaint.... but then put a clear bra on the front end, but have it done by a proffessional so that it looks right.

Stone chips... as in this?
scratch2.jpg

scratch1.jpg

Will Langka fix this?

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
if it is a chip,clay bars will not take it out.Clay bars will removes sap overspray and crap that is on the paint.

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
99BlackCobra said:
Have you tried a clay bar, that got most of mine out.

you smoking weed? clay bar got most of your what out? He's asking about paint chips. How would a clay bar replace the piece of paint that has been chipped out? :shrug:

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
StngStr said:
you smoking weed? clay bar got most of your what out? He's asking about paint chips. How would a clay bar replace the piece of paint that has been chipped out? :shrug:

LOL I tried to tell him that clay will not get chips out!! :nono:

giz93cobra

AllWayz Sidewayz
Established Member
These aren't really big chips but they look like Craters to me hehehe. I rcvd them all following my buddy to a car show, his car was wearing Hoosier Quick times, and when I realized what was happening I was hit prolly 10-15 times from little rocks sticking to his Soft rubber.

Jpjr

Established Member
nikemason said:
Stone chips... as in this?
scratch2.jpg

scratch1.jpg

Will Langka fix this?

Yes, Langka will fix exactly that. If you read the instructions on their website it explains how... basically Langka has developed a 'blob remover' that allows you to paint over the skip and then remove the extra 'blob' paint without harming the factory finish. You remove excess paint until the fix is smooth with and blended. You then seal and your done.

Again, nothing can substitute for a repaint, but this can be a 99% fix and will save you hundreds of dollars minimum.

Jpjr

Established Member
i should note, langka will only fix paint scratches and is not a substitute for body damage (i.e. cracks, holes, etc.) if those chips were deep enough to actually crack the panel then you would need to first fill the body with bondo, sand, etc. obviously that is a bigger job but i would recommend trying it because the worst that would happen is repair/replacement which you would alternatively do anyway.

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
StngStr said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread