Small simple security system / motion activated alarm: what you got

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Not finding exactly what I want on Amazon.

My outdoor shed, I want to put a motion activated alarm system inside. No subscription service needed. Something, small and simple. Sirern / bright light. Would love a remote of some type to arm and disarm. Possible a wifi cam that would alert my phone.

Any recommendations? Not interested in spending over 100.
Bruh, just call Ghostbusters already

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I have a Eufy doorbell and 2 wireless cameras.

The wireless cameras need to be charged every 6 months I guess. No subscription required, it saves all of the events in it's local memory. When I get updates on my phone, I look to see what it was, then delete it if it's not important. I don't know how much it will actually hold, but so far I haven't got to that point.

They seem quite a bit faster/reliable than my sisters ring, and I like that I can dial in the motion detection around where I want it to watch.

They were cake to setup/install.
I am thinking of getting the Eufy doorbell myself because my current Zmodo one is older and does a terrible job at recording. Neighbor came over to drop my package off that was delivered to his house and he said he waved into my camera. I checked for fun and all it picked up was him walking away and he's not exactly a small guy... I assume you're pretty happy?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I am thinking of getting the Eufy doorbell myself because my current Zmodo one is older and does a terrible job at recording. Neighbor came over to drop my package off that was delivered to his house and he said he waved into my camera. I checked for fun and all it picked up was him walking away and he's not exactly a small guy... I assume you're pretty happy?
Yeah they have been pretty good.

We messed with the settings on the front driveway camera to try to get less BS that it picks up, it still does but it's better.

The backyard camera we have it set as it was from factory and it grabs whatever the hell comes by, which fortunately hasn't been anything.

Deleting the local storage is kind of annoying, but I consider it worth it. It hasn't missed a person at the door yet (that I know of).

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Simplisafe makes a good system, and you do not have to buy any service with their equipment if you don't want.

Have sensors of all kinds and camera ones too.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread