Small questions

JP Cobra

Sarcasm at its Finest
Established Member
After givin a ride to another Cobra owner, he brought up a few things that I didnt know the answer to, so I figured ya'll would.

Anyways, first off, the green flashing light on the left side of the dash, I always assumed was the alarm light. Its always flashing though, isnt this supposed to go off when the car is unarmed, like when i'm driving? Or is it always supposed to flash?

Next, earlier in the summer i found a small button wired up under the drivers side dash, I had no idea what it did, didnt bother testing it and forgot about it. I couldnt find any info on it, and to be quite honest, I'd rather know what it does before pressing it while driving or even with the car on.

I also have a weird rectangle box right above the rearview mirror, with a small antenna coming out of each side of it. I figure its some sort of reciever previous owner had in the car for his cellphone, or something. Would be nice to know if anyone knows that this is for sure though.

Yea, all small things, but just curious either way.

Thanks

The Engineer

Established Member
The Greenlight you reference I assume is the traction control light. Its the only green light on the dash cluster. If it's constantly flashing you could have a problem with the traction control system.

The small button under the driver dash is probably from an alarm that the previous owner had (assuming you bought it used). The factory cars do not come with this button. It was probably for the Valet Mode.

The rectangle box could be any type of antenna, I would guess a cell phone antenna or perhaps even a GPS antenna, again probably for a system that is no longer in the car.

Hope this helps.

JP Cobra

Sarcasm at its Finest
Established Member
Thanks for the help. I'll have to look more into the latter two, but I dont think we were on the same page for the first question. The light isnt on the dash above the steering wheels, its higher up and further left, near the top of the dash by the door.

Thanks for the help though.

SvtSmitty

Established Member
does your car have a remote start? mine does and it has a small toggle switch under dash by clutch to shut it off and box by rear view mirror is antenna for it on mine,id also say you got a traction control problem the green light shouldnt be on unless its engauged but ive never seen one blink

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If the light is on the dash itself it is probably an alarm indicator.

At any rate it's not factory. I would say all three items you are listing are part of a security system on the car.

ex-PJs snake

That Others May Live
Established Member
On my 99', the alarm indicator is red, not green.
Furthermore, there is nothing that lights up green on the left hand side of the dash. The only thing that lights up green is on the RIGHT side of the dash and that is the traction control indicator.

Users who are viewing this thread