Small puddle of coolant under car overnight

Frid

Established Member
Hey guys. Im having a problem and im starting to think ill never get it right. When i go out to my car in the morning i find a small puddle of coolant under the front driver's side near the oil filter adapter. It only appears after the car has been sitting overnight and not when i am driving. I've replaced the O-rings in the housing and also the gasket b/w that and block. was still leaking after that. i replaced the thermostat also. Could it be a faulty adapter all together? or leaking somewhere around that area? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
Maybe it's coming from the thermostat housing. I had a hairline crack in mine and didn't know it. Or maybe the O-ring in the housing didn't seat correctly when you reassembled it?

Frid

Established Member
dont think so. i know its not where the 3 lines meet up at that housing. and its not leaking from the top. no blown head gasket.

OldSVTGuy

Established Member
There is a hex nut on the oil cooler/oil filter housing. Remove the oil filter and tighten this up. There are something like three o-rings in this assembly. Many have been successful by just tightening this up to stop their coolant leaks. I think it takes a 1/2" allen head. Search is your friend here as this has been discussed many times.

Good luck and hope this solves your problem.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would rent a cooling system tester from someplace like Autozone. Maybe with the system pressurized you can see where it's coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread