Small Problem

calypso92coupe

Established Member
Ok so on my termi fox I had it tuned and the alternator went out during the tune! But tuner told me car was good to go! So I get home and fix that! Now that it is running good, at wide open throttle gear changes it stumbles for a second then starts pulling again! Its in 2nd and 3rd soon as i shift! what should I check? Also I shortened my throttle cable so TB will open completely, is this my prob?

racecougar

MN12 parts guy
Established Member
It should not have been tuned with the alternator failing, as voltage plays a big role in getting the fuel into the cylinders. Reduced voltage effects everything from fuel pump output to the response time of the injectors, which is why there are dedicated tables in the tune file just to correct pulsewidth for varying voltages. Your tune file will likely need to be corrected.

calypso92coupe

Established Member
it didnt fail until the last pull, right at the end of it. He said it was good to go when I get it changed. it just seems to stumble a little bit at wot, soon as i change gears. I was just wondering if there was anything I could check before going back to the tuning shop 2 hours away? Think a new fuel filter at 40k miles? I am going to change it this next weekend. Its fine if you roll into wot just not standing on it.

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
It died the last pull but was probably weak on the other pulls so tune could still be off

Users who are viewing this thread