Small minor problems with the L

Svtlightning_04

YeA iM sHadY
Established Member
I had a bulb to go out in the L....Rite at where the a/c controls were. I ended up taking almost the whole dash out until realizing that all i had to do was pop of the border :bash: but got it changed no pro and took it to myrtle beach 2 wks ago. Was the only one as far as i know there and people were asking alot a questions about it. I had a SRT-10 come to work the other day asking bout the L. He is thinking bout getting one....or a z06

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Uhmmm, what's the problem then if you replaced the bulb "no pro" ?? :??: Your incoherent ramblings gave me a headache... do you have A.D.D. by any chance?

Svtlightning_04

YeA iM sHadY
Established Member
Uhmmm, what's the problem then if you replaced the bulb "no pro" ?? :??: Your incoherent ramblings gave me a headache... do you have A.D.D. by any chance?

Not really, but i mean if you want be a dick about it maybe find another profession. No headline said i needed help, I just was explaining what happened. Nope, dont have A.D.D. but have a pro about ppl being dicks.

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
Any photos of how you did the bulb fix?
Showing how you fixed it might help avoid someone else removing their whole dash without knowing better.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
SVTlightning_04... based on the thread title and the opening sentence it eludes to the fact you have a problem. After re-reading the OP several times (hence the headache) I came to the conclusion you had apparently solved the issue. Then out of no where your talking about cruising Myrtle Beach, an owners of a SRT-10 and the fact he's considering buying a Lightning... or a Z06 (all of which has absolutely no corrolation to the title of the thread).

I read the OP in the outside chance I may be of assistance to you in fixing the issue at hand... instead I was bombarded with your ramblings. I'm not trying to be a dick but before posting why not ask yourself if it contents may be in any way an asset to someone else on the boards?

Since you letting us know what's been going on in your world the past few weeks of your absence, you've obviously been deprived of what's new in ours... I'll start :rollseyes.

- I lowered my truck
- Bought WiginWilly00's chrome 03-04 wheels
- Had the Bassani exhaust modified to clear the t-bars
- Washed "Belle" twice
- Cleaned the interior and engine bay
- Removed my build decals, color matched a portion of the radiator shroud, added a build plaque and SVT emblem
- Replaced the OEM shroud retainers with Dzus style fateners
- Made a "How To" for the Dzus fastener install
- Went to local car shows (one in Castorville, TX and twice to the other here locally at a Fuddrucker's).
- Yesterday I changed my oil, oil filter, fuel filter, re-installed my t-bars, verified the pinion angle and tightened the exhaust hardware.
- I also recently cleaned the air filter, flipped the axle shims and set the TPS.

I'm sure there's more... I'll add it as I remember.

canugo12s

Banned
well if thats how we do it on here now, well here it goes

these last few weeks i...
pulled the engine out
high pressure washed the engine bay
got rid of all that nasty gunk of the frame
pulled the interior completely out
cleaned it all
modified the seats for the bolster bar
fixed the seats where they we spliting
attempted to sell alot of parts
washed all the interior pieces
got yelled at by my wife
went to a rodeo last night
cleaned my s/c and intake
dis-assembled my block and heads
talked to my mom, dad, brother
got yelled at by my wife
im sure there is more but ill add it as i remember

lol just giving you a hard time allen

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
I think if you posted in more of...how should I put this... "english", people would take you more seriously.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Brent, thanks for reminding me :thumbsup:... add "yelled at by the wife" to my list (many, many times) :-D. She's really starting to hate "my mistress." She actually want my plates this year to read MISTRS.

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Any photos of how you did the bulb fix?
Showing how you fixed it might help avoid someone else removing their whole dash without knowing better.

I wish someone did post a howto on changing the bulb, one buld goes out and this is what my truck looks like now :dw:

IMG_1069.jpg

canugo12s

Banned
I wish someone did post a howto on changing the bulb, one buld goes out and this is what my truck looks like now :dw:

IMG_1069.jpg

and allen and i thought our wifes yell at us, i wonder what yours is saying lol, i pull the engine and interior and get yelled at, mines not even around us, its on base a the autohobby shop, if i had a garage and it was a lightning explosion in there, she would crap herself lol

Users who are viewing this thread