Small leak under oil pan??

pbsis

Established Member
Well Ive only had my 04 Cobra for about a month and I already have a problem with it, Im praying its not the rear main seal!

Okay the car started to leak a bit of oil about a week ago. Just a small drop here and there from what looked like the oil pan. So i threw it on the lift to take a look. Sure enough the oil pan has what looks to be fresh oil on the right (passenger) rear side (opposite side of drain plug).To me it looks like it is leaking from the pan and running down the side very slowly. I checked all the bolts and they were tight on the oil pan. I also felt around near the top of the pan for any oil but couldnt feel any. Any idea on what to check.

I have cleaned the area really good so when it leaks again hopefully I can better pinpoint it. Here are my ideas so far. I have heard about oil coolers leaking on these cars and the valve covers. Upon looking at the top of the engine i see no sign of leak.

Thanks
Paul

pbsis

Established Member
ok great, thats the kind of responses im looking for! And by dipstick seal i assume u mean near the top where you grab it to the place where it enters the tube.

anymore more suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread