slugish upper rpm's

laoutlaw01

North Louisiana redneck
Established Member
So go to a long deserted straight stretch tonight after work and was going to make sure my car was still running good thru the quarter because a few of us were planning on hitting the track up this weekend . Takes off good as usual but when the rpm's hit 4500 or so it almost stops climbing, almost like it has no more fuel pressure than that or somebody is holding a rag over the intake. Havnt had the car long ,roughly 3 months or so and havnt officialy raced it yet.since I've had it I've put in new plugs, took injectors out and cleaned them,tested coil packs,and tested injectors. All within specs. Could I have put a set of plugs in that's not hot enough? Fuel pump going out? Any ideas ? Car used to have nos on it and my buddy I bought it from said he had a new fuel pump put in not to long ago.another friend confirmed it as he was the one who put it in. Said it was a higher pressure pump because if the nos. Running out if time to get it fixed before Friday nite. Has no other problems at all ,runs good till then.

laoutlaw01

North Louisiana redneck
Established Member
Wow. So many views on my thread and not one of you had any guess as to WuT the problem could be. Thanks for all the help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread