SLR Lens rentals

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
anyone ever tried this? if so what are some sites that you've rented from?

was considering renting a macro lens for 7 days for like 50 bucks or so. because they run $900+ figured i would rent to try it out.

the one site i found for renting lenses even has the macro i want to rent for sale for $600 because it has some minor paint flaws.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
No, I buy all mine - but you might search dpreview.com or fredmiranda.com for some posts on lens rental experiences. There are a few good companies out there.

silverstang23

Established Member
Someone posted a bunch of site on here back in the summer. I can't remember what it said. I don't know if you searched but it had a lot of good information it can be dug out of the many threads

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
you can try rentglass.com. Read about it in mens health mag. My wife just bought a few lenses, so i dont have experience with rentals.

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
No, I buy all mine - but you might search dpreview.com or fredmiranda.com for some posts on lens rental experiences. There are a few good companies out there.

i know some decent sites for review...but i dont want to go spend 900 bucks on a lens and for some reason end up hating it or having it collect dust.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I rent all my lenses from a local camera shop before I purchase them there or online.. When I'm gonna drop a grand for a lense, I want to make sure I"m going to like it

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
hrmm..never knew you could rent a camera Lens

snakestang

I Drive A Volvo
Established Member
I have used Borrow Lenses before. Great pricing, shipped when I asked and everything was top notch.

I needed a fisheye for a trip and I scheduled it weeks ahead of time. They shipped it exactly when I asked and I could not have been happier. Lens was in perfect condition as well.

Here is a link.
Borrow Lenses

oldmodman

Established Member
I frequently rent stuff that I just don't want to buy. As an example a digital "film" back for my Hasselblad. The 39 megapixel cfv back costs $14,000.00 and I just won't shell out that much.

Here in Los Angeles there are five major rental houses that specialize in still photography and equipment. All their gear is new or nearly new and in perfect working condition.

oldmodman

Established Member
Hasselblad!?!?! Damn!!! Those are $$$$$$

And worth it.

I worked for them for years and whenever I traveled to the factory in Sweden they would let me buy returned salesman's samples for pennies on the dollar. Only way I could afford all the stuff that I have. Plus over the years that I worked there I built my own cameras from parts. My first body is now 40 years old and still looks and works like new.

Autofocus? Whats that?:-D

Users who are viewing this thread