SLR encounter

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Driving home after a LONG day, top down - tunes up. I play with a Mercedes sport ute in traffic before hitting the four lane tree lined parkway towards my neighborhood. Turning onto the parkway I can't believe my eyes. An SLR! With a paper plate no less. I remember seeing one at the F1 race in indy years ago and at the Chicago auto show.

I roll up and give a 30ish italian looking guy the thumbs up. He smiles and I cruis e by. Then he romps passed me and goes around a car in his lane. I roll up in 3rd at about 50 and nail it. He responds and I hold my ground for 3-4 seconds before letting off because we are reeling in traffic at a quick clip. He smiles and looks a little surprised. So am I.

We never got another run because he pulled a douche bag move and whipped between two cars (way too close) and took off. Maybe I scared him?

Let me make one comment, is my Cobra the fastest, of course not. But not bad for a 40K Ford. And would I take the SLR over it, of course. And do I know that it would eventually smoke me, yes.

All good fun and a sense of pride:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread