Slp?

Spitfire_17

Established Member
ok so, they make like 3 diff. catbacks for our cars, witch one is the best/loudest? there is a regular "Loudmouth" then a "loudmouth2" then a "proflow". anyway just looking for some info on those. Thanks

Last edited:

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
The loudmouth "1" is the loudest and IMO is the best sounding one they have. A buddy of mine has a LT1 Z28 and just bought SLP Loudmouth 1 to replace his flows. The "muffler" or resonator as they are called is just a peice of hollow hand polished aluminum. There are no baffles, no "muffler" just a hollow "resonator". Its awsome! Get the loudmouth 1 and you will be satisfied. As you go down to loudmouth 2 and so on it gets a little quiter....Hope that helps!

Spitfire_17

Established Member
5.0snake said:
The loudmouth "1" is the loudest and IMO is the best sounding one they have. A buddy of mine has a LT1 Z28 and just bought SLP Loudmouth 1 to replace his flows. The "muffler" or resonator as they are called is just a peice of hollow hand polished aluminum. There are no baffles, no "muffler" just a hollow "resonator". Its awsome! Get the loudmouth 1 and you will be satisfied. As you go down to loudmouth 2 and so on it gets a little quiter....Hope that helps!
thanks man, thats what i was thinking it was the LM1. :beer:

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
I love the way my car sounds with the LM1. Just for reference they are not aluminum as stated earlier, the whole system is stainless steel. I recently took my tailpipes off and it dumps right over the axle and I get so many compliments and looks its not even funny. If you think an O/R x with shitmasters is loud wait til you here any midpipe with a loudmouth system. And on a final note, I strongly suggest you do not pair the LM1 or 2 with a O/R midpipe. You will be begging for a ticket, infact while youre at it just go up to a cop with your **** out and smack him in his face with it because thats about how STUPID loud the car is with O/R x or H and the loudmouth.

TheMoonRulez#1

Established Member
man....sweet car, and sweet vid. you got me thinking about that loudmouth catback now. i have crumby stock tailpipes welded to flowmasters. not welded very well either.

Spitfire_17

Established Member
TheMoonRulez#1 said:
man....sweet car, and sweet vid. you got me thinking about that loudmouth catback now. i have crumby stock tailpipes welded to flowmasters. not welded very well either.
LOL thats what i have right now also, i hate the shit

coolguy10786

Established Member
Spitfire_17 said:
LOL thats what i have right now also, i hate the shit
Thats what I had and made my whole setup quiet. Getting rid of the stock pipes was the best thing i ever did.

Jowlz

Ain't yo baby daddy
Established Member
That video is awesome. I had posted a couple of threads about Bassani exhaust. I currently have flows welded into stock cat back and a BBK O/R H pipe.

I'm adding in this information for future searches.

I was pretty set on the Bassani stuff but I run 315's on the rear, and found after reading around it wouldnt work. I ended up ordering SLP's catted X and SLP loudmouth. Here's why.

1. Bassani and 315's dont mix, I cant see spending $700+ for stainless, and bending aluminized steel will result in scraping etc.
2. SLP modular (can swap out cats, resonators etc)
3. SLP made from 304 stainless.

I have a ton of free time during the week. I shopped around and searched like crazy. Here were my results. Based on price and reputation.

1. Mustangtuning.com. I think they are a sponsor here and have a good reputation. They are also about 2 hours from my house. I called and they are out of the x pipe. They dont know when they will get them in. Their price was $449 for catback + free shipping. X pipe out of stock. They are also in my state so I would have had to pay tax.. deal breaker. If you are out of state they have the best price for the catback.

2. LMperformance. They have both parts I wanted. Their price on the cat back was 474. + 40 shipping $504. Too much. They had the xpipe in stock and price was 372. free shipping. I emailed before ordering and they stated they do have the x in stock. They also stated the price is going up. I ordered. Recieved Fedex shipping notice the next morning. So far so good.

3. I looked at slponline. Catback $474 +31 shipping. Shipping seemed high as they are located about 3 hours from my house. I also realize manufacturers prices are typically higher to give their resellers a shot at selling.

4. Checked Jegs. Catback was 454. In stock. Free shipping. Bear in mind they do charge $9.99 per order handling ( I think summit does the same).

Anyways, I hope this helps anyone considering the SLP to get a decent price. I'm really hoping I like this exhaust.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Jowlz said:
Anyways, I hope this helps anyone considering the SLP to get a decent price. I'm really hoping I like this exhaust.

You will love the exhaust!!

Spitfire_17

Established Member
Thanks guy, just orderd the SLP LM II catback from mustangtuning.com :rockon: ill get some sound clips once i get it on :banana:

98_Snake

Established Member
Yes please do!! I can't decide between LM 1 and 2 from what ive heard on sound clips. Also, i've never heard LM II on any 96-98 cobra so post up some clips!!!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread