SLP X pipe ?

Venom04

Established Member
I currently am running a catted slp x pipe. My question is.. Does anybody have a problem with it hanging low? If so what did you do to correct it?

Jroc

Established Member
Loosen the screws where it connects to the manifolds,(or headers) and the screws where it connects to the CB. Next use a jack or something like that, and jack it up a ways, then tighten it back down. Afterwards start the car to check for exhaust leaks.

I would put a board or something between the x-pipe, and jack so that you don't scuff it up.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
I had it welded.
I had a peice cut out in between the manifold and the 45 degree bend. Reason being is that there is a good 3 inches of pipe that is perfectly straight. After you cut that 1.5 to 2 inches and re weld the pipe you might need to add the peice you cut off onto the end of that peice. ( where it connects to the passenger cat because you end up removing some horizontal pipe in the process and need to put some of it back. Feel free to ask more questions.

Before
DSC00252.jpg

After
DSC00255.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

Venom04

Established Member
So where it comes out of the manifolds "the straight piece" you cut a section out and then welded that to the rear of that section where it bolts to the X-pipe or cat? This way you can push it up a bit more right?

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
So where it comes out of the manifolds "the straight piece" you cut a section out and then welded that to the rear of that section where it bolts to the X-pipe or cat? This way you can push it up a bit more right?

I cut the part of the pipe that you can see in the first picture going up to the manifold. That is the section i cut and I re welded the piece I cut out to the end of that same peice where it bolts to the actual X piece because if you cut 2 inches or so of pipe from that section you lose 1.5 inches of length and 1.5 inches of height. (rule of 45 degree angle). It's pretty simple.

Zeekmann

Established Member
mine hangs low, but i havent done anything to fix it yet

Users who are viewing this thread