SLP PerformancePac?

AlexTheGreat00

Established Member
Hey everyone, I'm knew to these forums. Anyways, I'm getting an '04 Cobra pretty soon and trying to decide what all I want to upgrade on it. I recently discovered that SLP is selling a bolt-on kit that supposedly brings you up to 575 hp. Anyone know about it?

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=M31051

Comes with 2.8" pulley, pulley tool, belt, 95mm mass air meter w/ filter, lt headers, x-pipe with or without high flow cats (optional), SLP loudmout cat-back exhaust, and a programmer that was custom pre-tuned by SLP.

Anyone think that the 575 horespower claim is valid? RWHP or crank? If you were to buy this bolt-on kit, what else would you need to support all this extra power?

Thanks,
--Alex

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
no way you'll get 575 at the wheels with that setup. i don't even know if you'd be at 500

AlexTheGreat00

Established Member
I think the unseen gains would probably be their custom tuning. They say they've spent hundreds of hours getting the perfect tune, blah blah blah. I just want to know what everyone else thinks.
--Alex

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
I wouldn't trust a canned tune. Get the parts if you want but go get a custom tune at a good shop. All cars are different and in different locations in regards to weather, elevation, etc.

CobrABoZ

Established Member
i basically have that setup there no way 575 to the wheels or crank for that matter and i dont think a tune will get you 75 hp to the wheels i wish these people would tell you crank or to the wheels.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
lightningboz said:
i basically have that setup there no way 575 to the wheels or crank for that matter and i dont think a tune will get you 75 hp to the wheels i wish these people would tell you crank or to the wheels.
575 to the crank is most certainly possible/probable with this package. 575 at the crank works out to 480-490 to the rear wheels. Right where it should be. Remember that it includes LTs, too.

;-)

AlexTheGreat00

Established Member
Anyone on here know about the tuning SLP did? Do you think it should be redone or is it fine for the mods supplied in this package? What mods should you buy to support all this extra power?
Thanks,
--Alex

CaliSS2001

Established Member
SLP is full of shit, were with F-bodies and now with Mustangs, only thing I'd ever buy from them is an exhaust system, NOT headers look at their SLP LT's for LS1's :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread