SLP Loudmouth or Loudmouth II catback?

davbrucas

Banned
Thinking about purchasing one of these catbacks...what is the difference and is there any sound/power difference? anybody have a sound clip? thanks...

oh yeah, anybody sell these for a better price than on the SLP website?

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
the slp loudmouth comes with resonators , the loudmouth II comes with mufflers. Resonators will be louder , and claim to give 5-10 more horse.

davbrucas

Banned
thanks for the link...how much louder is the regular loudmouth vs the stinger? assuming both with only the catback...

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
I just bought the SLP X pipe and hi flo cats along with the loud mouth II cat back from SLP. The part numbers are M31032 and M31006A. They guy from SLP told me the II system is still loud but does not attract as much attention. He also said it is about 5 hp less. I paid $966.87 shipped to my house in Vegas. I will try and post some sound videos and pics when I get it on.

Vegas :banana:

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
This is just getting more confusing. If you read the thread in my post above, you'll see the following...

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE said:
SLP are one of my distributors and I have the system on my car as well. The ONLY difference is the #II system is segmented into more sections rather than the Shotgun style resonators being 1 long piece with all the tubing. Eveything is the exact same. They did this so you could customize the system, such as adding shorty X/H pipes or what not. No difference at all.

Jay

moonltgold

I think the Loudmouth resonator is described as 4" outside diameter, and the Loudmouth muffler is described as 4 1/2 " diameter, so it will have more sound-absorbing material. The minimum inside diameter restriction is listed as 2" for both, so I don't see how how there could be a hp difference -- other than audible.

davbrucas

Banned
ray at myfordperformane.com told me that the LMII was louder than the LM since it used race mufflers??

"The LMII uses the race mufflers, and will certainly be loud. So it really depends on just how loud you want to go :) The systems are designed so you can swap components, so I would recommend you start with the reg. LM kit and if you wanted to go wild, buy the race mufflers seperately and swap them in on race day or something ;)"

davbrucas

Banned
i think i am going to go with the LMII kit. those that have the regular LM kit, how looud is it and what kind of tone? thanks...

jackpowell

Established Member
What is the difference bewteen the m31003 and the m31006. I heard the only difference was that the m31006 had a different finish???

rACeRs

Established Member
I just got the LMII, and I am sending it back. What a joke the inside of the mufflers bottle neck down to 2". Im sure that helps make things quieter, but couldnt do much for hp.

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
I have the SLP Loud Mouth, Kook's 1 3/4" primary headers with 3" collectors and a catted "H" pipe. It is VERY loud. I'm talking "piss the neighbors off" loud.

SICKBOY

Established Member
I got the loudmouth and stock h and it sounds badass...very mean tone...I think it is just as loud or louder than stingers...with stock H...there is zero restriction in the regular LM kit..and the tips are the nicest on the market..hands down

Last edited:

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
vegaspackerfan said:
I just bought the SLP X pipe and hi flo cats along with the loud mouth II cat back from SLP. The part numbers are M31032 and M31006A. They guy from SLP told me the II system is still loud but does not attract as much attention. (A yellow COBRA attracts enough). He also said it is about 5 hp less. I paid $966.87 shipped to my house in Vegas. I will try and post some sound videos and pics when I get it on.

Vegas :banana:

Here is the discription from the SLP website on the 2 diffrent Mufflers/resonators

Mufflers, Ford Mustang GT/Cobra, "Loud Mouth II" Bullet-Type. #31064
Get maximum flexibility from your modular SLP cat-back system with our new "Loud Mouth II" bullet race mufflers. They offer flow and performance similar to that of our original Loud Mouth resonators but feature a ceramic-wrapped, perforated core that reduces high-frequency noise and in-car resonance. All Loud Mouth II mufflers are constructed from hand-polished 304 stainless steel and embossed with the classic SLP logo.

Measurements:
2.5" ID/OD
4.5" body diameter
18-3/16" overall length
2" internal diameter (smallest point)

Resonators,Ford Mustang GT/Cobra "Loud Mouth" Shotgun #31062

Get maximum flexibility from your modular SLP cat-back with these "Shotgun" race resonators. Standard equipment on many of our Loud Mouth systems, they make it possible to switch between muffled and "wide open" exhaust configurations in a matter of minutes. All resonators are constructed from hand-polished 304 stainless steel and embossed with the classic SLP logo.

Measurements:
2.5" ID/OD
4" body diameter
18-3/16" overall length
2" internal diameter (smallest point)

The guy at SLP told me the II are quiter. The original are basicaly straight pipes. Hope this helps.

Vegas

astippich

Established Member
From what I see on the slp web site there is very little difference between loudmouth and straight pipes. Straight pipes would be much cheaper and they sound the same as the loudmouth.

Users who are viewing this thread