Slp lm1

92gt

Established Member
Hi Guys im I think im going to go with slp lm1 on my Cobra. I heard the sound like a** with o/r pipe but im keeping the stock h do u think they would sound good??

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
I personally hate slp because i think they rasp no matter what. But you arent going to get a concrete answer on this, as it is a very biased and personal opinion. The only thing i can suggest you is literally search youtube videos for ideas. Ultimately it depends on your budget situation.

92gt

Established Member
I like borla but I was reading some members have had fitting issues with th catback

VT4ever

Established Member
I like borla but I was reading some members have had fitting issues with th catback

I didn't have any fitment issues with my stinger setup. They also polish up real nice too.

In the end its what YOU think is the best sounding exhaust. Some people like the rasp and some people don't. I've seen the SLP LM1 setup on cobras and it does look nice. Good luck with catback man.

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member

You wont have any I promise you. Borla is probably one of the best quality manufactures you can purchase. I am not saying SLP isnt, but Borla will fit very well. ALL of the aftermarket parts you buy will never fit like OEM would, but companies come pretty damn close. You'll notice that with mid-pipes especially. Ford has more money to invest in quality engineering lol. I think SLP looks great too, but I can't do that sound it gives off. Like said above, some people like that. It also depends on how you drive the car. Is it a daily, weekend warrior, fair weather daily, etc? If it is a daily, you may want a less aggressive catback because the loudness might get on your nerves. Not to say you would mind that, but its something to consider.

Now the other side of the coin to your concern is whether or not you are buying new or used. When you buy used, you always assume used condition whereas you don't know how it was put on or taken off. It could have rashed pipes, stripped bolts, missing parts, bent pipes, etc, all of which could give you fitment issues. But you get the better price. I am not sure who has the best deal for new stingers now, but when I was looking it was Summit Racing.

Hope this helps you. Good luck

346CamaroSS

Established Member
But you get the better price. I am not sure who has the best deal for new stingers now, but when I was looking it was Summit Racing.

Hope this helps you. Good luck

Shouldnt have told me that :fm:
I would have saved about $60 going with Summit over Lethal :bash:

04screamingvert

Established Member
I have the SLP LM2 with the cated X pipe from SLP. Very happy with sound. However I have been thinking about CORSA db black mufflers .

Users who are viewing this thread