SLP LM1 vs Borla Atak - opinions needed

03Predator

Established Member
My car has SLP LM1 catback and o/r Prochamber with weld in cats (thanks Mr. Officer). I want something new...I think. I've listened to dozens of exhaust clips and I think I might want the Atak cb. Is it very similar to the LM1? Which is louder? Similar tone, quality, etc...? I know many don't like the sound of the LM1 but I don't have a problem with it. Perhaps I'd like something a bit more...refined, though. In that case I'm not sure the Atak is the best choice?

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
just saw your post, I recently bought the atak set up from a guy on here. I started out with a magna flow x pipe and it sounded like crap. I bought the pro chamber and I think it sounds good now. I switched from flow master so I can't comment about switching from lm1 or lm2. when I first swapped over I was looking all over to see if there is a video of ataks with a pro chamber since the x sounded so bad and there are none that I could find on the internet.

The ataks are very loud. not so much when just driving around, but when you get on it, it gets loud.

bangbang04

Established Member
I got kooks long tubes with kooks off road x and borla atak and it sounds nasty when you get on it.Deff. The best if you like it louder.

03Predator

Established Member
just saw your post, I recently bought the atak set up from a guy on here. I started out with a magna flow x pipe and it sounded like crap. I bought the pro chamber and I think it sounds good now. I switched from flow master so I can't comment about switching from lm1 or lm2. when I first swapped over I was looking all over to see if there is a video of ataks with a pro chamber since the x sounded so bad and there are none that I could find on the internet.

The ataks are very loud. not so much when just driving around, but when you get on it, it gets loud.

Thanks for the input! Yeah, I've been having difficulty finding any clips of the Atak with a Prochamber, too. I did find one but the quality was bad. Interesting that the Ataks sounded awful with the X... It seems that's the popular midpipe since...well, years. I'm faithful to the H design, though. I may change my mind later but for now, nope. But yeah, I think I'm going with Atak...tonight!

I got kooks long tubes with kooks off road x and borla atak and it sounds nasty when you get on it.Deff. The best if you like it louder.

Thank you for replying! What I'm hoping for is that it's deeper, less rasp than the LM1's. I'm really bored with the SLP and I hear nothing but great things about Borla. By the way, Kooks, o/r x and Atak...? Are you deaf? LOL Well, you probably are now. ;D

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Thanks for the input! Yeah, I've been having difficulty finding any clips of the Atak with a Prochamber, too. I did find one but the quality was bad. Interesting that the Ataks sounded awful with the X... It seems that's the popular midpipe since...well, years. I'm faithful to the H design, though. I may change my mind later but for now, nope. But yeah, I think I'm going with Atak...tonight!

Thank you for replying! What I'm hoping for is that it's deeper, less rasp than the LM1's. I'm really bored with the SLP and I hear nothing but great things about Borla. By the way, Kooks, o/r x and Atak...? Are you deaf? LOL Well, you probably are now. ;D

the x pipe was easily twice as loud as it is with the pro chamber. In my opinion it sounded bad with the x others may like it. with the pro chamber it mellowed it out enough for me. I am happy with the sound now. I think you will like it.

Ourobos

Established Member
I have long tubes, offroad xpipe, and LM1.. The LM1 is just a resonator, no packing material in it.. I can't IMAGINE the atak's being ANY louder.. Maybe as loud

03Predator

Established Member
the x pipe was easily twice as loud as it is with the pro chamber. In my opinion it sounded bad with the x others may like it. with the pro chamber it mellowed it out enough for me. I am happy with the sound now. I think you will like it.

I think so, too. I am still a bit torn between Stingers and Atak, though. I'm leaning heavily towards the latter. Never really been interested in the X. However I've never heard one in person either, so...

I have long tubes, offroad xpipe, and LM1.. The LM1 is just a resonator, no packing material in it.. I can't IMAGINE the atak's being ANY louder.. Maybe as loud

Gotcha. I miss the loudness of an o/r mid so I certainly don't want the car any quieter. :D

Rob_Stylez

Established Member
I have stock headers, Stinger cat and o/r Bassani X on my 04 and it sounds awesome! On my old 03 SB I had Bassani mid-lenghts o/r X and Bassani cat, I think my current setup sounds better than my old SB.

I think in a couple of months Im going to go with Atak's just for the sake of possibly being louder

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
I had a prochamber and stingers on both of my last cobras, and it's honestly my favorite setup. I now have a stinger catback and it does sound extremely similar to the ATAK. I have a catted Bassani X and stinger catback now and it sounds awesome.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread