SLP Line Lock Users IN HERE!!

weswtbcobra

Established Member
mine will not hold my car for a burnout-

routine:
drive around waterbox, back up into water, spin tires to get em wet, pull up a little, pump brakes, hit line lock switch, dump clutch in second gear and.....

the car pushes to the line-

does anyone else have this problem?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
You have to push down with pretty significant force on the brake pedal and then hit the switch. It should hold fine then. Don't pump the brakes, just push down and hold. Once you hit the switch, you can take your foot off the gas and do a burnout till your heart's content!

Last edited:

weswtbcobra

Established Member
IronTerp said:
You have to push down with pretty significant force on the gas pedal and then hit the switch. It should hold fine then. Don't pump the brakes, just push down and hold. Once you hit the switch, you can take your foot off the gas and do a burnout till your heart's content!

i'm sure you mean brake not gas....

but i have done it that way too- doesn't hold.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
hurst here and works very well. Thanks dana! cant go wrong with slp though

btw i hope the guy above meant brakes and not gas :)

weswtbcobra

Established Member
Snakebite2k5 said:
hurst here and works very well. Thanks dana! cant go wrong with slp though

btw i hope the guy above meant brakes and not gas :)

i might switch to hurst but i was hoping someone might know what the problem could be with mine.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
weswtbcobra said:
i might switch to hurst but i was hoping someone might know what the problem could be with mine.

Dana said:
Had the same problem with a Hurst kit.
Turned out that the soleniod was bad.

It was almost new too.

Dana

^^^^^^^^

weswtbcobra

Established Member
could there be air somewhere that i am not aware of.
i don't think my brakes have felt the same since the install, but i could be imagining things.

dogmush

Established Member
Who installed it? Has it done this since new or did it work well then start this? It could be a bad selinoid, low voltage to the selinoid are an improper install. Mine holds rock solid, give us some more info.

If you got air in the ABS module on the install it's wicked hard to get out, useally takes a trip to the dealer.

Last edited:

weswtbcobra

Established Member
dogmush said:
Who installed it? Has it done this since new or did it work well then start this? It could be a bad selinoid, low voltage to the selinoid are an improper install. Mine holds rock solid, give us some more info.

If you got air in the ABS module on the install it's wicked hard to get out, useally takes a trip to the dealer.

it has never held the car- it is basically brand new and was installed by a reputable shop- however, i don't know how many they have installed.

it must have some air trapped somewhere but i don't know.

dogmush

Established Member
I would guess that there's either air in the MC or ABS module, or that the selinoid is installed before the on the wrong side of the proportioning valve. If you get the car up to about 30 (on an empty road) and just floor the brakes, does it stop quick with the proper ABS flutter? It should stop hard if you slam on the brakes.

weswtbcobra

Established Member
i talked to SLP today and they are pretty sure that i need to bleed it. they say they get this same call all the time and that 9 outta 10 times that is the problem. they say ANY air, no matter how little will cause it not to hold.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
weswtbcobra said:
i'm sure you mean brake not gas....

but i have done it that way too- doesn't hold.
Yeah, sorry about that! Edited.....

Mine holds rock steady and I put a lot of effort into bleeding the system after the install. My problem is when I hit the brakes hard during normal driving (with the line loc obviously off), the front brakes continue to hold after I release the brake pedal. Anybody have this problem?????? I'm worried it may be a bad solenoid.

Angus

Established Member
IronTerp said:
You have to push down with pretty significant force on the brake pedal and then hit the switch. It should hold fine then. Don't pump the brakes, just push down and hold.

+1

I stand on the brake, flip the switch & then let off the brake.

My car has never moved even a little bit.

Make sure you bleed the brakes correctly, starting with the caliper furthest away from the master cylinder & work your way closer as you go.

Don't forget to bleed the master cylinder as well...

Good luck! :beer:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Angus66 said:
+1

Make sure you bleed the brakes correctly, starting with the caliper furthest away from the master cylinder & work your way closer as you go.

Don't forget to bleed the master cylinder as well...

Good luck! :beer:

Bleed the master cylinder first, then the wheels. You should only have to bleed the fronts. Leave the backs alone.

Dana

dogmush

Established Member
I had to pressure bleed the system on my GT when I installed the Line Loc. Once you get air into the MC you almost have to bleed the whole sytem to get it all out. MC first, then rears, then fronts. IIRC I had to pump about a Gal of brake fluid through before I finally got all the air out.

Users who are viewing this thread