SLP exhaust on 94/95 cobras

bonds94

Established Member
i was wondering if anyone had a SLP set up and if you do can you please post up some pics, or vid clips, and what kind of SLP system you have?

95riosnake

Established Member
I think there are a couple guys in the 94-95 section on Stangnet that have the Loudmouth. I can't remember which ones though.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
just FYI, an SLP catback on a 5.0 with no other exhaust mods will sound like a 70's pickup truck with cherry bombs.

bonds94

Established Member
fiveo'cobra said:
just FYI, an SLP catback on a 5.0 with no other exhaust mods will sound like a 70's pickup truck with cherry bombs.

well right now i have a set of long tube BBK, BBK X pipe and a set of flowmasters, and i was wondering about the SLP loudmouthII

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
CobraSvt9746 said:
wow you really have sh*ty taste in exhaust, huh?

Well thats a little harsh IMO, but you are entitled to yours.

Anyway, SLP catbacks sound sick with longtube headers and x pipes. I think you would have one mean sounding car with that setup but be forewarned it will be LOUD. Its not going to be the hollow, deep, and tame flowmaster sound you have now. Its going to sound like a caged animal; very raspy and high pitched. The longtubes and X pipe will only excentuate it. I wouldn't recommend you get this combo unless you want a really really loud car.

The MAC catback isn't as raspy as the SLP, but is more aggressive than the Flowmaster. The MAC's are still chambered mufflers and have a distinctive hollowness to them, but are raspier than the flows. Personally i run the MAC pro-dumps and they sound sick as hell dumped. Raspy, but very very deep at the same time. Most of the guys on here will tell you that an offroad H/MAC catback combo are one of the most widely used and best sounding combos out there.

Last edited:

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
fiveo'cobra said:
Anyway, SLP catbacks sound sick with longtube headers and x pipes.... Most of the guys on here will tell you that an offroad H/MAC catback combo are one of the most widely used and best sounding combos out there.
Your forgot to add on 4.6 DOHC motors. with the LTs X and Loudmouth setup. And even still it doesn't sound that sick on 4.6 DOHC motors. I definitely would not put em on a 5.0. I agree with Mac O/R H and Mac,Flows, or maybe even some Bassani on a 5.0.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
doubletrouble said:
Your forgot to add on 4.6 DOHC motors. with the LTs X and Loudmouth setup. And even still it doesn't sound that sick on 4.6 DOHC motors. I definitely would not put em on a 5.0. I agree with Mac O/R H and Mac,Flows, or maybe even some Bassani on a 5.0.

nope i didn't forget. Since the title on this thread was specifically for a 5.0 thats what i focused on but it doesnt matter. There is a guy on here with a sick fox hatch that runs BBK longtubes, pypes X pipe, and SLP catback and it sounds like it wants to kill something. Just mean as anything. I know they sound good on 4.6's as well since i've heard them on many terminators but i have heard his exact setup on 5.0's and they sound mean as hell. usually the 5.0's like the deep sounding mufflers, but there are a couple setups out there that will make them sound like a mod motor only deeper.

Last edited:

bonds94

Established Member
fiveo'cobra said:
nope i didn't forget. Since the title on this thread was specifically for a 5.0 thats what i focused on but it doesnt matter. There is a guy on here with a sick fox hatch that runs BBK longtubes, pypes X pipe, and SLP catback and it sounds like it wants to kill something. Just mean as anything. I know they sound good on 4.6's as well since i've heard them on many terminators but i have heard his exact setup on 5.0's and they sound mean as hell. usually the 5.0's like the deep sounding mufflers, but there are a couple setups out there that will make them sound like a mod motor only deeper.

thats right i did only foucus this thread on the 5.0 cobras becouse i was trying to find what set up i should go with, but your advice is appreciated, also do you have a vid or sound clip of that fox? thanks :thumbsup:

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
ill try and find the vid.

EDIT* Found it. Just PM me your email address and i'll send it to you.

Last edited:

SVTCobra306

Established Member
CobraSvt9746 said:
wow you really have sh*ty taste in exhaust, huh?

Everyone's a bit different...

I personally think that Bassani and Borla sound like azz. I think Glasspacks sound good if you have the motor for it. And I wouldn't trade my Force II 50 series 'Flows for the world. I actually liked the way stock mufflers sounded with the O/R H pipe.

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
yea everyone to each there own...til a point anyways....there is a line of bad sounding exhaust and slp crossed it ......i like to decribe as a retard yelling!!! i have also 3 different setups with both x and h pipes and i about puked

Users who are viewing this thread