*Slower After X-Pipe??*

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
Just installed a UPR O/R X-pipe on my Mach. The install went relatively well considering my limited tools and lack of a lift. I also feel that I got a pretty good deal, $165 with tax out the door.

Anyone else feel that they gained *NO* power from the addition of an x-pipe? Dont get me wrong, its sounds great, but it really feels no faster than before.

Am I expecting to much? Dont know if it matters, but other mods include JLT CAI and a Diablosport tune.

Opinions are welcome....

Ohms

Established Member
Probably lost a little bit of torque due to the lack of backpressure, so the butt dyno prolly picked up on that!

STG

Banned
I just love seat of the pants power estimates. Get your car on a dyno and have it tuned by somebody who knows what he's doing. Canned tunes are garbage.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
gains from and o/r mid pipe are minimal unless you have boost. you prolly wont feel a difference most people do it just for sound

mike6466

Established Member
no way i dont agree with that. i felt a big increase. i noticed a difference right away.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Probably lost a little bit of torque due to the lack of backpressure, so the butt dyno prolly picked up on that!
+1
I just love seat of the pants power estimates. Get your car on a dyno and have it tuned by somebody who knows what he's doing. Canned tunes are garbage.
+1
gains from and o/r mid pipe are minimal unless you have boost. you prolly wont feel a difference most people do it just for sound
O/R's usually increase HP and decrease TQ..typically.
no way i dont agree with that. i felt a big increase. i noticed a difference right away.
:dw:

No other mods...just going from catted H to O/R X you felt a 'big' increase. Either sarcasm or you were smokin' crack after install.:lol:

MysticCal96

Cheeky Bastid!!!
Established Member
Yup I agree with the other post above. Get your car dyno-tuned. Your a/f ratio is out of whack. Thats why its not at ist full potential.

Krwy

Established Member
After I installed my o/r prochamber I had to take some fuel away on my tune. But I did feel a gain over the stock midpipe.

2 cam sam

Established Member
My 97 Cobra gained 20 rwhp with a bassani off road x over a stock unit. My Mach felt like it pick up close to the same but I never did dyno it. I did take it 1/8th mile racing and it picked up 2mph.

nitroused03mach

Established Member
when i went from stock catted H on my DD GT to o/r H, it didnt feel like anything had changed, just got a hell of a lot louder

Users who are viewing this thread