Slipping problem!!!

HB4025

Established Member
Well i think i may have a little bit of a belt slippage problem. I just noticed this 5 minutes before the work parking lot so i didnt get to play around with it much. But anyways when i was in WOT my boost guage was only reading about half boost.But it only does this occasionaly, not all the time. Now i know that i need to get a more accurate aftermarket guage but untill then this is what im working with. Does this sound like i do have a slipping problem???? Oh and what would i need to do to fix this?? Oh and mods are in my sig.

I have only put a few hundred miles on her i havent really got her personality down to a T.

Sorry one more question is a lower pulley worth getting??

Thanks

Heather:beer:

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You say you have a few hundred miles but depending on how many miles you drive between each engine start cycle you may not have reached the claimed 26 engine start program yet. You may have to search for this but people are saying boost is limited until the engine is started 26 times to ensure proper break-in.

If you think you may be experiencing belt slip, pop your hood and see if you have a lot of black dust around or on your SC pulley. If it's slipping that bad you should see a lot of black dust. Also check to see if your belt tensioner is centered. If you see a lot of black dust or if your belt tensioner is not centered you may need a new belt and/or an ilder pulley.

What size and what brand of belt are you running?

If you go with a lower get about a 4 lbs lower. That combined with your 2.93 upper will spin your blower to 19078 RPM, which seems to be the max RPM to spin the blower efficiently. Anything higher than that and you'll loose major HP (some people have reported almost a 40 HP loss spinning higher than around 19.5K RPM). As always get a tune and check your A/F on a dyno.

Last edited:

HB4025

Established Member
Alright now my car is losing only running about half boost anything over 5k RPMs!! And i am not talking pussy footing ither, i mean really laying into her. Also i can hardly get any boost in first gear, i know i have heard of 2.80 or smaller over spinning you blower but is it likely with a 2.93???? Oh and have the gatorback on her, and way more than 26 starts, i bought her stock with 2k miles on her. So once again is my blower over spinning because i have no dust anywhere??

Help i dont know what to do. I am putting her on a dyno this week so it will be easy to see if there is a real problem then, but i would rather it be running the right amout of boost so i wont have to go back twice to get the right numbers! I just wont settle for 400 HP readings!!

dougwg

Established Member
the belt could still be slipping even with NO dust...

If the belt is glazed over it can slip with no dust... but you may HEAR it sqeaking.

how new is the belt?

where is the tenstioner located in it's range?

these are just a few questions that come to mind

Users who are viewing this thread