Slimmer, Thinner Xbox 360 Unveiled Today

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
sweet so when the one i have takes a shit (again) i can buy one with wifi built in!!

sweet.

BlwnSn8k

S/C Whine = Smile on Face
Established Member
Nice! It's about time they got the wi-fi built in. The hard drive size is nice too. I have been one of the lucky ones, as my Xbox has yet to fail at all...lol
Maybe I need to make something "happen" to it.:D

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
not having built in blue ray is a deal breaker for me... I love my PS3 for that reason. Its an all in one machine.

DaBigBone

Established Member
not having built in blue ray is a deal breaker for me... I love my PS3 for that reason. Its an all in one machine.

+1 on that.

I also had 3 Xbox 360s crap out on me. I LOVE my PS3, I'll never buy another Xbox.

AAG

Established Member
Do these things still have the RROD issues? No blu-ray, no care.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Do these things still have the RROD issues? No blu-ray, no care.

Anything Elite and up should not RROD, the Elite has a cooler processor and bigger heatsink, and the premium released after that (i forget the codename) has an even cooler running processor than the elite (like 63nm or smaller).

the 360 will likely not ever have a BR player. However you can download them for free if you have half a brain and just use the 360 as a media center extender. Havent tried it yet but im sure since W7 media center has no issues running blue ray rips (h.264/mkv files) right out of the box (or so what my buddy says, im still on vista so i have to mod it for WMC to read those), a 360 connected to a W7 machine should be good to go.

Not to mention in a Netflix world, who still pays for physical storage? Most these damn movies you spend $15-20 and watch them once. waste of money IMO, rather spend $10/mo and stream or rent and send it back. Pays for itself if you watch 1 movie a month.

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
Anything Elite and up should not RROD, the Elite has a cooler processor and bigger heatsink, and the premium released after that (i forget the codename) has an even cooler running processor than the elite (like 63nm or smaller).

Falcon was good (65nm CPU) but
then came Jasper (65nm CPU and GPU) WAY better and quieter unit.

Wonder if this is a Valhalla unit (combined CPU/GPU) which was rumoured a while ago.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Falcon was good (65nm CPU) but
then came Jasper (65nm CPU and GPU) WAY better and quieter unit.

Wonder if this is a Valhalla unit (combined CPU/GPU) which was rumoured a while ago.

there ya go. :banana:

i used to know more about this sorta stuff, now my brains turned to mush when it comes to knowing the ins and outs of everything.

antiv6

Established Member
i sold my 20gb xbox today, im picking this one up soon, gamestop said they would get them Friday! Its supposed to be whisper quiet which will be nice since my other xbox is like a jet plane in here

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread