Slight vibe in 2nd run.

Elliotness

Established Member
Got the car Tuesday and took it up to 80 to check it for the vibe. No vibe at all. Last night I'm driving it and decide to heat cycle the car a little. Take it from 70-85 almost right at 80 I get a very slight vibration. Yuck. Not really noticeable unless you are really looking for it. Going to take it in to the local dealership on monday.

No other problem. There is definately no lack of power, this thing rocks. There is a huge pull when you step on the gas. Still a badazz ride. Worth every second I spend at the dealership to get it fixed. Everything else is perfect.

Here are a list of my observations.

They could have done a little more with the instruments and interior.

Seats are perfect (for me) 5-8 170lbs. Probably very uncomfortable for taller/bigger people.

GOBS OF POWER

Handles like it's on rails

Black is hard to maintain but is really mean looking.

Quiet exhuast

Clutch depression will help rehab my injured knee (hard to depress)

The lines on this car are awesome.

:beer:

Last edited:

sapper

Established Member
Elliotness,

Remember, you can not feel you vibration. You will see it in you rear view mirror, as everything will be blurred from it.
You may also notice a quiet droneing noise coming from the transmission at high speeds.

Scobra03

Established Member
vibration...

my car was the same way i never really paid attention till i drove a freinds 03 cobra...and man did it shake at 80 the rear view mirrow almost fell off......well they replaced is drive shaft and its fine now...so i drove mine again on a very flat road,,,and i had the same vib,,,but not as bad...so i took my car down to the dealer they put it up on a lift and said ok we will change it with out even driving it,,they had called the svt people and they said change it then test drive it,,if it ok then its a done deal...and i am going with them when they test drive it,,,so i am very happy with them... jeff :)

Elliotness

Established Member
Originally posted by sapper
Elliotness,

Remember, you can not feel you vibration. You will see it in you rear view mirror, as everything will be blurred from it.
You may also notice a quiet droneing noise coming from the transmission at high speeds.

Yep that is exactly the problem I have. The car doesn't vibrate noticeably. You can hear a droning noise and objects in the rear view are blurred.

Users who are viewing this thread