slight miss at idle

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Are any of the wires touching each other? I know it's nearly impossible to arrange them so they don't touch, but they can cause a misire.
How abouly your injectors?

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
Thats a good idea I need to clean them up. The 9mm wires dont fit in the stock holders and are too long. I'll get soem of the bigger holders asap and try that first.

the injectors should be clean they had the professional chemicals run through them. Unless one needs to be replaced??

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
nope origional ford ones.

car is pretty much stock only new plugs wires and cai.

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
I got some better wire looms and cleaned up my plug wires. damn ford racing ones are so looooong.

they are better now and none are touching and the miss is sill apparent at the slow idle. When the car is on the fast idle (cold start ac one etc. ) its runs smooth but at slow idle it hops around like it has a big cam or something.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Just pretend it has a big cam?

A bit of a lope to the idle is normal with these cars but I did notice my idle smoothed out a bit when I threw my 145,000+ mile old Ford coil packs in the grarbage and put in the Screaming Demon Coil Packs, if nothing else it gives you an excuse to buy more parts :)

Last edited:

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
Mine does the same thing. Especially in cold weather. I have heard that the stock cams (being slightly more aggressive than other stock 4v's) can cause this. I think it is normal. Plus, I kind of like the lope.

Users who are viewing this thread