Slight lowering a 14 vert

TurboStang94

Established Member
Hey all. Need a bit of insight.
I searched last night through years of posts, and came up with the same recommendations. But, I want to do something with not quite as much drop.

So, I have tried the Roush rear 1 inch drop springs. And on my vert, it is an inch and a half, if not more. I like the look, not the ride. So... I am considering trying a coupe spring. I have a set of coupe 2011 GT500 springs. Has anyone out there installed the coupe springs? If so, how much drop? I really want about 3/4 of an inch max. I was gonna get a set of Airlift bags. But, I know the ride quality will be poor. I have also thought about spring isolators from Energy Suspension.

Any other choices besides a coupe spring? My next step may be to cut a coil off my stock springs.

Thanks,
Brian

rmurer

Established Member
I can't comment on the actual springs but I went from the Ford K springs 1.5" drop to the steeda sport springs 1" drop.. still a pretty harsh ride. It gets annoying at times. But i assume thats just part of the whole lowering aspect. I can feel every little bump in the road.

Brezick

Established Member
BMR Springs. Ride great. Done.

Also, The Airlift bags are not poor ride. They have single adjustability so you can make them ride pretty good.

TurboStang94

Established Member
The air lift bags I am speaking of are the "helper" version that goes inside the spring.

Since it is a free mod, I guess I will install the coupe springs. And see what happens.

thank you,
Brian

11gtcs

Established Member
My FRPP "P" springs are defiantly more firm then stock but not harsh or choppy, and they gave me about 1" drop. I think the ride is great, feels better then factory to me. I am also running FRPP adjustable shocks and struts.

Last edited:

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Have you considered the Boss springs that Steeda makes? I am considering these for mine as they claim a 0.2" lowering in the front and 0.8" in the rear. I am leaning towards it because I have a watts link and want minimal changes in the setup without sacrificing ride quality.

TurboStang94

Established Member
I have not considered either of the springs mentioned. I assume the rated drop is in a coupe, not on a convertible.
The Roush is rated at 1 in. But, goes nearly 1.5 on the convertible. Actually more.

TurboStang94

Established Member
I saw the Brembo 55d springs. And the BMR .75 drop springs. But in viewing the drop, the BMR looks just like the Roush in person.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I have considered more of a drop than stated also but I do believe the Boss springs have a stiffer spring rate than stock springs. I think the rate is a little stiffer than the Boss springs were initially. I get the impression that more towards a Laguna Seca spring rate.....not saying it is, just the impression I am getting.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I saw the Brembo 55d springs. And the BMR .75 drop springs. But in viewing the drop, the BMR looks just like the Roush in person.

I always ask for opinions on stuff but I have been talking with Sam Strano about spring rate options. I appreciate his input....

Users who are viewing this thread