Slight Hesitation when hittin 3rd

black10th vert

Established Member
Mine did it at the strip friday. 1st time i've noticed it. Shifted at 6200 and thought maybe i was hitting the rev limiter in between shifts.

maoun

Established Member
03'darin is completely right in his statement.

what happens is that you have a fuel prediction table in your PCM....it predicts the voltage that the pump should be sent during the shift.....unfortunately, it's prediction is too low, so it quickly pulls timing until it has time to compensate

m.

BLUBYU2

Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
03'darin is completely right in his statement.

what happens is that you have a fuel prediction table in your PCM....it predicts the voltage that the pump should be sent during the shift.....unfortunately, it's prediction is too low, so it quickly pulls timing until it has time to compensate

m.

So is this something that we are all going to have to live with? :??:

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by BLUBYU2
So is this something that we are all going to have to live with? :??:

I'm not sure. But I haven't found a cure yet. I did replace my FRPS just to make sure that wasn't causing or contributing to the problem. It didn't help.

I did run an 03' with cai, exhaust, 2.93 and a diablo chip at the strip. The hesitation on this car was almost non existent. So minor that it you didn't know what you were looking for the hesitation could seem like poor shifts.

Darin

maoun

Established Member
there are some cures for it...but all of them require more than just a tune change.

examples:
boost-a-pump
PMS
FMU
etc.

Users who are viewing this thread