Slight confusion with the Chevy 350.

LT1Porsche

Established Member
Ive got a Porsche 951 Turbo that I am building for a LT1. I want to get a bare block Lt1 and convert it to a 383 stroker motor. I already have the conversion kit but having a problem picking the motor. There are soo many different types and whatnot. Im wondering is there any difference in the deminsions of a 4-bolt main vs. the 2-bolt main? I believe a 4-bolt main is more reliable. The motor is going to be around 400hp and about 450 tq. The car weighs 2300lbs without the driver so it should be in the 9's or low 10's. My main question is if I purchase a 4-bolt main will it still work with the LT1 conversion kit I bought? Is there any difference between the drivetrain connections between the 2? I know this isnt the "correct" board to be talking about chevy but I spend a lot of time on this site and figure someone has to know something. Thanks for any helpful information that anyone may have.

Chris

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Um, why don't you try LS1.com or a similar F-body site? I'm sure they could give you bettr info then here...unless your just trolling to troll...

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Yep, you might want to take a visit over to LS1.com and ask the GM guys.

On a side note, a 4 bolt block will be better. A 383 Chevy is common stuff, you should have no trouble doing that at all. To the best of my knowledge, there is not a physical dimension change between the 2 stock blocks.

If you can get your hands on a 4 bolt out of a Meduim duty truck or Marine block, they are better than your average 4bolt that GM sells as a light duty replacement. All 4 bolts are not created equally, so ask around and research carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread