Slight bucking feeling while driving

Gulfstream

Established Member
13 GT manual with 13k miles. Under conservative-moderate throttle input the car feels like its bucks/hesitates/stumbles. Car has a 93 Bama race tune. Any suggestions??

Gulfstream

Established Member
I've noticed anything over say 2,000 rpm. Not sure the ceiling because I would up shift to the next gear.

stangs13

VTEC YO
Established Member
I've noticed this myself on my car, but I get it at lower rpm ranges than that as well, it's very mild and is intermittent. The more I read about these sort of trembles and stutters in these cars the more it's seems to just be the nature if the beast . Tivct is the culprit for some of it if not all of it. Since you are tuned though it could have something to do with that!

alcarames

Established Member
I have 2011 and I've had for over 3 years now. It's got 20k miles and I just recently noticed this. Mine occurs right at 2100 rpm's at very light part throttle. I've also recently moved to Pa from NJ, the roads are more hilly and long winding. This could be why it's more noticeable. I think it's related to the tivct engagement. I dunno.

T.Bone

Established Member
Mine was doing the same thing on my bama tune, I noticed it most when the car was cold. I went back to the stock tune and put my venturi tube back in the CAI and it hasn't done it any more.

I always planned on contacting bama to see if it could be tuned out, but never got around to it.

mtrsprt

Established Member
It's the drive by wire throttle body with the aftermarket tune.

scott_0

Established Member
mine only surges a very little under lite throttle input when cold, stops once warmed up

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Mine bucks in 1st when accelerating 0-whatever mph. Its been like this since new, im at 2,150miles now. Should I take it to the dealer to have it checked out?

The car would surge forward then lose power, then surge forward then lose power. This is under normal acceleration too. All in 1st gear.

forty74

Established Member
my 2012 did it stock with brenspeed and bama tune I just figured it was normal until it warms up

hand-filer

Established Member
I had similar issues with a Bama tune. It went away completely when I replaced it with a Steeda tune. It's the tune. Send them a data log. I'm sure they can correct it.

125oh

Established Member
I also have this problem . I wonder if its something to do with the tuners adjusting the drive by wire for better throttle response .

Users who are viewing this thread