slicks and skinnies

01_Svt venom

Established Member
Im looking to run weld prostars on my cobra. I have a solid axle out of a gt with cobra brakes. I would like to run 15x10 in the rear and 15x3.5 in the front. What all do i need to do to get these to fit? Also what backspacing would be best? Also does anyone have any pics of a similar setup?

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
i recommend you go with a different style wheel.
prostars are WAY played out, and the fronts wont fit right if you plan on keeping the cobra brakes.(well they fit but they stick out)
the rears, you should get 15X10 with a 6.5BS.

and im not positive on the fronts, but unless you want to run spacers you need a 2.25BS

sdg97232

Established Member
how much money do you want to spend? welds alumastars will fit over your cobra brakes and look soooo bad ass buttt they are quite pricey!!!!! here is a pic of the front aulmastar on a dsg mach 1

mach1wheels004.jpg

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I love my 17 inch alumastars, but they're not exactly a street wheel, so I'd be careful with them driving around.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
For a drag only setup, I wouldn't go with a 10" wheel..

8" wheel will do just fine. It is lighter..a lot of people always run bigger wheels/tires than they really need and it will hurt you.

for me I know tyipcally a 15x8 wheel would need 6.5bs ..but since you have a GT rear end [I am pretty sure it is different length axles]..I am not sure of the BS you would want to run.

Last edited:

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
For a drag only setup, I wouldn't go with a 10" wheel..

8" wheel will do just fine. It is lighter..a lot of people always run bigger wheels/tires than they really need and it will hurt you.

for me I know tyipcally a 15x8 wheel would need 6.5bs ..but since you have a GT rear end [I am pretty sure it is different length axles]..I am not sure of the BS you would want to run.

you need a 5.5" BS for a 15x8 wheel, and 6.5" for a 10" wheel.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
who cares?

he wants a track only setup playout doesn't mean shit when you cross the line first!
i completely hear what your saying but is there any other options out there for us? i mean its either shorter control arms(which makes street tires rub), GT brakes(which is GHAY on a mostly street driven Cobra)
I wish we didnt have to spend $1500 on fronts to get them to sit right

I have a track only setup of centerline telstars, and it looks like hell, the rears look great, but the fronts really just bug me
bugs me even more when people at the track ask me why they sit out so far too:)
mmfp_1004_06_1999_svt_cobrafront_vi.jpg

Last edited:

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
i completely hear what your saying but is there any other options out there for us? i mean its either shorter control arms(which makes street tires rub), GT brakes(which is GHAY on a mostly street driven Cobra)
I wish we didnt have to spend $1500 on fronts to get them to sit right

I have a track only setup of centerline telstars, and it looks like hell, the rears look great, but the fronts really just bug me
bugs me even more when people at the track ask me why they sit out so far too:)

Centerline actually makes 17" fronts now as well, and aren't very expensive either. unfortunately, they dont make the telstar in a 17" front, only a couple new designs.

Users who are viewing this thread