Slammed stang owners!

steeda21

Mr. T
Established Member
Who scrapes like crazy when you come across speed bumps? The picture in my signature is how my stang used to be. It had a 1.5 - 2 finger clearance between the tire and fender. I absolutely loved how low it was, looked great.

I now have it at about a 3.5 finger clearance and i haven't had a single problem with scraping. But i miss how it looked slammed!! It is still lower than most.

Who are the speed bump haters like me!?

RedFord96

Established Member
So would a standard lowering springs kit lower a Mustang enough to scrape? Been wanting to lower mine...

steeda21

Mr. T
Established Member
What lowering kit were you looking at?

I used to have H&R super sports and i almost never scraped. I have coilovers and had it right on the wheel practically

RedFord96

Established Member
What lowering kit were you looking at?

I used to have H&R super sports and i almost never scraped. I have coilovers and had it right on the wheel practically

I was thinking the H&R super sports, Eibach pro-kit, BBK, or Steeda. Not really sure what if any differences there are though. I just want to be rid of the 4x4 look and hoping not to scrape over everything.

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
my shit scrapes on everything. i avoid speed bumps at all cost.
MM coilovers all around...
chrome6sig.jpg

steeda21

Mr. T
Established Member
You'd have less downforce pushing the car down if you didn't have that wing... jk

bahahahah funny. I don't have it anymore. I took it off. Actually having the holes filled today. And getting my new hood in too to get painted with it.

my shit scrapes on everything. i avoid speed bumps at all cost.
MM coilovers all around...
chrome6sig.jpg

Yeah that is what i have. I actually might lower it back to what it was and get a stiffer front spring. go to like a 400. some freeway bumps make the fender hit the tire. I miss it haha

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Speedbumps HATE my mid pipe. The pypes o/r x isn't the best fit when it comes to hanging low

Im running H&R SS with no isos

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
H&R Supersports and Tokico Blues here. Car scrapes on a LOT of shit. However, that's mostly because the BBK H-Pipe hangs really low for whatever reason.

Pic for reference:

29166_576059764889_43801729_33770880_3452461_n.jpg

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
LOL...The Camaro is tuckin' tire. With subframes, speedbumps aren't even a consideration.

My 2000 GT was on H&R Sports, I think it was about 1.5 fingers off the tire and I never really had issues with speedbumps unless they were unusually tall. OP, post up pics of the current height? I bet it looks better than your sig IMO; the problem with going too low on new edge cars is that you get the centerline of the fender arc below the centerline of the wheel, so it makes the wheel arch look really wide at the bottom of the car, which in turn makes the wheels look too small. It's a delicate balance.

DaBigBone

Established Member
I can honestly say I don't think I have ever scraped mine..

H&R Supersports with Strange Shocks/Struts

steeda21

Mr. T
Established Member
LOL...The Camaro is tuckin' tire. With subframes, speedbumps aren't even a consideration.

My 2000 GT was on H&R Sports, I think it was about 1.5 fingers off the tire and I never really had issues with speedbumps unless they were unusually tall. OP, post up pics of the current height? I bet it looks better than your sig IMO; the problem with going too low on new edge cars is that you get the centerline of the fender arc below the centerline of the wheel, so it makes the wheel arch look really wide at the bottom of the car, which in turn makes the wheels look too small. It's a delicate balance.

Yeah i will get some pictures up of the new height. Don't have the stang right now. Getting my trunk holes filled since i took the wing off and my new cowl hood is coming in tomorrow so i they will be painting it and hopefully get it back in teh next few days. Pretty stoked. Then getting 5% tint all around once winter hits. Prices go down alittle and can get a deal on it.

Users who are viewing this thread