slack in drivetrain ?

4a7191a

Established Member
this problem started several hundred miles ago and has got worse over time. when driving, in any gear or any speed. when i let off the gas and sligthly get back on the gas theres a slight jerk , seems from transmission or rear end. no klunking noise or anything. i havent got under it to check out what it is yet. will be doing that tuesday. figured id post this to see if anyone else has had this problem.
the rearend is a FRPP setup with 456 gears and frpp 31 spline axles and doesnt whine upwards of 130mph. so im in hopes that its still got good backlash.
how common are failures on the motor mounts and trans mounts on mustangs?

thanks for any relpys :)

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
my fathers 03 cobra does that after I installed a built sra with 4.11's and imho I wouldnt worry about it unless you start getting noises

4a7191a

Established Member
I hope its that simple, Lol. I'm leaning on the trans mount. I remember when I changed my shifter gasket out how much the thing moved when breaking the old shifter loose. It was stuck on there pretty bad. The car has upr lowers control arms from the previous owner, the bushings in the passenger side are shoot. Was thinking of running some steeda's. Anyone know of something comparable?

Users who are viewing this thread