Skyline R32 GTR video

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
NIce car but the grinding reminded me too much of my trans when she was about to go. The sound that the car makes when he's shifting is awsome. Jeff

L3thal 324

Established Member
bwah burp burp bwaaaaaah!!! *GRIND* burpburo bwaaaaaaah!!!!! *GRIND*... jesus. this is a perfect case of too much money not enough brains! DOGBOX man!!! wait till redline and rip it back like you mean it!!! oh well nice car but yeah boy needs to stop using the clutch. whatever though with gas prices this high his daddy can buy him a new one!!

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
Nice car

Dont like the grinding noice. even if it what he has makes that sound I still could live with it

he needs a wings the forms with the car not one of thoe aluminum ones or whatever its made of

I still love that sound it make when its reving up

1969Fastback

*OG Crew*
Established Member
that is a bad ass car for sure, but to bad the guy is a jack ass...

anyways, my favorite skyline is the R34 or R33, im not a big fan of the R32... but the R34's look mean as hell

67Camaro454

Established Member
Originally posted by 1969Fastback
that is a bad ass car for sure, but to bad the guy is a jack ass...

anyways, my favorite skyline is the R34 or R33, im not a big fan of the R32... but the R34's look mean as hell

R33 GTR Vspec > all, the car just has so much potential, the rb26dett is un doubtly 1 of the best engines ever made, and i think nissan made a big mistake not bringin them to the us market, but then again, i would cry to see 1 of them ricers behind the wheel of a gtr, like so many supras :cuss:, the 350z is a joke compared to any skyline gsr or gtr(gsr rwd vers)

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Nice car, but what a HORRIBLE DRIVER!! Reminds me of this Bangledesh kid in my High School. Thought he'd be cool and took his cousins 3000GT VR-4 out to school while his cousin was at work. Problem was, he didn't know how to drive stick, so he ended up grinding the gears til the teeth were gone. Cost his cousin 4 grand just to get a new transmission put in. Aye, stick to flying carpets with gauges if your gonna drive like that.

Last edited:

67Camaro454

Established Member
Originally posted by svtxchinoy
Nice car, but what a HORRIBLE DRIVER!! Reminds me of this Bangledesh kid in my High School. Thought he'd be cool and took his cousins 3000GT VR-4 out to school while his cousin was at work. Problem was, he didn't know how to drive stick, so he ended up grinding the gears til the teeth were gone. Cost his cousin 4 grand just to get a new transmission put in. Aye, stick to flying carpets with gauges if your gonna drive like that.

ok dood read the whole post, thats how the tranny is the pull on that thranny is 5 mm, it has no synchrose, the pinions are aligned and clutch on that trany is nearly useless

Paul2x

I actaully think the guy is a excelent driver. Launching a GTR with a big single like that and keeping it in boost is an art. As far as the tranny goes some of you are right...It's an HKS 6 speed dog box , their is noting wrong with the tranny thats just how they are, (R32 comes with 5 speed). In the first two clips he is banging the gears, but in the last clip his just puttin around so thats why all the extra griding.
But as far as his driving abilities go, you got to hand it to the guy, that isn't easy.. I know a few other GTR owners with simular set-ups that were running mid 14's in the 1/4 until they got the launching down.....it's a real pain in the ass...they were in the low 10's once they got it down of course =)...

just my 2 cents.

take care,

Paul

ForceFed7

Established Member
Originally posted by chevysRslow
Fast car. Ugly though. Sure to go BOOM.

Ehhh not so fast. Provided the tuning is in order, the motor is buil to last. Have you seen some stroker kits for the RB26? They are priced very high and built to last. The RB26 is a stout engine to begin with (will typically hold just north of 600WHP on factory stock rods, pistons and crank). With the stroker kit you usually get much beefier rods which is the only liability of the RB26 once you go over 600WHP. Most RB26s last a VERY long time. Longer than their owners usually own the car.

The R32, R33 and R34 Skylines have electronically controlled center differentials, which means by basically pulling the correct fuse, you can disable the AWD system and default to RWD. So hence, if you wire up a basic switch you can select between AWD and RWD with the flick of a switch which the Skyline in this video obviously has done.

Paul2x

The R32, R33 and R34 Skylines have electronically controlled center differentials, which means by basically pulling the correct fuse, you can disable the AWD system and default to RWD. So hence, if you wire up a basic switch you can select between AWD and RWD with the flick of a switch which the Skyline in this video obviously has done.

You can only pull the fuse on the R32's, but in this guys case, he's using an HKS ETC (electronic torque split controller).

Tried hooking my fuse to my fog light switch, and turns out that you have to pull the fuse while the car's off then your ready to go, if the car is still running then you pull the fuse it's throw's a bunch of codes...

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread