Skyline R32 GTR video

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Ali babba's got one hell of a wing on that thing, that could seat a family of four for dinner!

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
can we say?.... Get a new friggin tranny? And scrap the wing too while you're at it! It's sik other than those two problems.

slo5.0

Established Member
i dont care if theres a wing or not im in love i want it now ill tade him my stang for it ...wait no i wont but still those cars are hot to me no matter what

Shoey

www.modularfords.com
Established Member
Originally posted by electrikoptik
Pretty sure those HKS trannys are true crash boxes,no syncros.Hence the gear grinding you hear.

you are correct....the dude in the vid doesn't know how to drive it. It's a you only need the clutch in first type of tranny. just pull gears after that....it's fully sequential.

oh...BTW they cost about 15K for just the tranny.

LOL

B

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
why is it there are so many rich kids with nice cars but dunno how to drive em. and u dont need a wing more then 3 inches high unless ur doing over 150mph. rough estimates but d@mn somebody needs driving lessons.....but just like alotta import guys they dunno how to drive

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I don't think that guy gives a crap about that car. He'll simply buy another one once it breaks. :shrug:

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
I drove a 5speed mustang when I was 13 years old and didnt grind the gears like this jackass.Fast car but Im gonna edit out that gear grinding crap if Im gonna keep it on my harddrive.That was just horrible.

essinem4130

Established Member
Originally posted by xilix
I drove a 5speed mustang when I was 13 years old and didnt grind the gears like this jackass.Fast car but Im gonna edit out that gear grinding crap if Im gonna keep it on my harddrive.That was just horrible.

You must have missed the post above yours where the guy explained that the transmission is designed like that... No synchros, straight cut gears.

That particular transmission is just a gear-set, not a whole transmission. It costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $3,000-$5,000 depending on if you actually buy it in Japan or some ass-raping importer.

Shoey

www.modularfords.com
Established Member
Originally posted by essinem4130
You must have missed the post above yours where the guy explained that the transmission is designed like that... No synchros, straight cut gears.

That particular transmission is just a gear-set, not a whole transmission. It costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $3,000-$5,000 depending on if you actually buy it in Japan or some ass-raping importer.

try $15,000

The tranny is not intended for use with the clutch after 1st.

Directions:

1. Push clutch in and hold for about 5 seconds then ease the tranny in 1st. If you wait the 3-5 sec it will not grind.

2. Rev the motor up and dump it if you want.

3. Without using the clutch just pull back on the shifter hard and fast into the next gear.

4. When you wish to stop push the clutch in and put the shifter in neutral.

It's a full drag tranny. They cost alot but are sweet. I have driven one quit a few times and they take a bit to get used to but are lightning quick and boost doesn't drop between gears.

67Camaro454

Established Member
Originally posted by sly1types
how was he doing a burnout, i thought they were all wheel drive??

well ic ant watch the video but gtr's have a torq spliting center dif uc an set it to have 10%power to the front and 90 to the back, as for the tranny its a dog bone trany i have the same thing on my camaro the pinions are all aligned no synchros u try and move it with the engine off and ull break the trany :D

Img_0322.gif

Users who are viewing this thread