Skydiving? Who has done it?

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Thinking about going skydiving in a few weeks, just wanted to know who has gone and what did you think of it. Also, what would you compare the adrenaline rush to (if anything)?

So lets hear some stories :read:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Not much of a rush actually for me. I see guys walking around on the wings of planes now and don't think much of it.

I'd rather just climb up on the wing and sit there. Once your falling at 200mph it's just noise and pressure in your face.

Last edited:

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
ive done the skydiving simulator, where they put you in a cylindar padded wall area with a big jet fan kinda of thing underneath you!! it was fun, but i would never do the real thing

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Only two things fall from the sky, bird shit and dumb asses.

J/K. I still haven't went but I will eventually. My dad did about 19 jumps in 06. Now he moved on and got his pilot license. I'd personally rather fly the plane, then jump out of it myself.

Last edited:

99caddysts

Established Member
I jumped last summer and plan on doing it again in the next coming weeks. Very fun. It is a hell of an adrenaline rush.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Not me. Parachutes can, and have, failed. But gravity always works, it never fails. I guess I've studied General Relativity to much to give gravity the chance to squash me.

Jim Snover

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I would love to go. We should get a group of Texas guys to go do it, then party afterwards. Those of us who live that is.

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
i've done AFF(accelerated free fall) from 15k, and I'm going to do it again. honestly, I've never been able to really acurately describe it in details to people that ask. It's more of an experiance, than an event.
if you're an adrenalin junky..and have even the slightest interest in going..do it. You will not regret it.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Many times. Started through the AFF program to obtain my license, got about 1/3 of the way through it and ran out of money still being in college. My brother has several hundred jumps so I get my kicks out of just going up to the DZ with him once in a while and hanging out. We always take a big group every summer and go, haven't had one person not absolutely love it.

Nothing else compares to the rush you get from it...

Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane. :shrug:

Why not?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Not me. Parachutes can, and have, failed. But gravity always works, it never fails. I guess I've studied General Relativity to much to give gravity the chance to squash me.

Jim Snover

You realize you have a much, much higher probability of being killed in an automobile accident, right?

dooberGN

Established Member
I always wanted to do it and hopefully will get the chance in the near future when I join the army.:beer:

dragon93308

Established Member
Ive done it, there really wasn't much more of a rush than doing 170 in a car but it was still fun. I would suggest to just do it and make your own opinion afterward. Once you get in the plane you may realize that you have a better chance of surviving jumping than staying in for landing.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Ive done it once, and want to do it again. It was a great rush, and an incredible view from 12,500 feet up.

As far as safety, you wouldnt believe the amount of jumps some people have. Im talking over 10,000 jumps.

King$nake

Banned
I actually REALLY want to do it....but I dont want to do the tandem BS for the first-timers. Is there a way I can train to free-fall right off the bat and skip the rigged parachute crap?

Users who are viewing this thread