Sky Redline Flyby Denied

Sick03Vert

Banned
:-D

It's not much of a kill really, but it's close enough to post here.

I was out minding my own just taking a little cruise down a local state highway. I'm driving along at the posted limit of 55mph when all of a sudden I see a bright yellow convertible coming up behind me. I noticed it still had dealer plates on the front and didn't think much of it as I immediately noticed it was a Sky. Nice looking cars, but not THAT great of a performer in stock trim. The driver decides to get right up on my back bumper. :nonono: I would have loved to prove a point, but traffic was heavy and I had to pick up dinner and didn't feel like looping around under the freeway and making a return trip.

So I turned off into the parking lot and as I do, I hear the Sky punch it and fly past, continuing straight instead of taking the turn behind me. I'm thinking...okay...whatever that was about. I go ahead and park, pick up dinner, head back to the car, and as I'm turning out of the parking lot onto the feeder road, I'm looking left to check traffic. There's a red light about a block away that had just turned green and what do I see? That same damn Sky flooring it from the light. I knew it was the same one because I could just make out the dealer tag even from that distance. I rolled out onto the feeder and no sooner had I shifted to second do I see the almighty Saturn coming up FAST and switching lanes to buzz me (yes, I assumed that at the time..wound up being correct :-D). I'm thinking, "Oh HELL NO."

Already being in second, I gave it just a little too much gas and unfortunately spun the wheels for a second. Then just as the Sky's front fender reached halfway past my passenger door, I hooked and immediately squashed the pull and began one of my own, watching the front end slide back from half door to out of sight. I thought ok, he'll probably let off...but he didn't and stayed in it. So I decided what the hell, mashed the loud pedal down and gave it all of second and half of third. I looked up and he was a good 5-6 cars back or so.

I decided to slow down and change lanes to give him the opportunity to come alongside for a quick roll run so I could play the bully. :-D Unfortunately, the car ducked in behind me and refused to come alongside.

We rode along for a mile or two and then I saw him cut out and come up on me. I thought maybe he was gonna take me up on that offer. So I look over and what do you know..."he" was actually a very nice looking "she". :rockon: I got a smile and a wave, which I returned, and then she jumped onto the freeway and headed off.

Anyway, thought I would share as I STILL haven't been able to land a run with a good, competitive car yet. :shrug::nonono:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread