Skipping sometimes

brock1875

Established Member
I have a 04 cobra and it has been running until I filled it up I put 80gas miles on the tank then the engine light came on and started running rough, any ideas I think I might be bad gas

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
what octane of gas did you fill up with?

edit: you definitely need to find out why the check engine light came on (as mentioned above). if you dont have a hand-held programmer that you can use, to plug in and pull the codes....then you will have to go by an auto-zone (or somewhere similar), and tell them that your check engine light is on, and you would like to find out why. they will hook up their scanner and tell you what is causing the check engine light to come on...for free! once you find out why the light is on, from there you would act accordingly, obviously.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
when you return with code/codes

tell more about your car ,,,,list of mods/changes,,,,anything you tried doing,,,how long have you had this car,,,how many miles...

seeing your new WELCOME.. hope you stick around for awhile ...SVTP is very helpfull

hotcobra03

Established Member
is the kn filter in a stock box or has it been altered?

tell more about car...exhaust changes?

you can start with cleaning air filter and maf sensor ,and air inlet to throttle body...

if it were me i would switch 02 from side to side...if 02 is bad code will follow the o2 sensor

i recall seeing this code when guys add cai ,,,the type where the maf can be turned...it needs to be clocked the same as in stock air box

brock1875

Established Member
I put new gas in and started running better and I got the engine light reset and it came back on, I was just wondering if it was the bad gas no all the way out or the o2 sensor

Users who are viewing this thread