Skinny Fronts

andrewrj

Established Member
Ok, I searched hard for this and all I can find are bogarts or rear drag wheels. I know that the 15x8 summit/jegs wheels seem to fit with a sway bar relocation but what about front wheels? I really dont want to spend the dough on the bogarts as I am not serious enough to need that expensive of wheel. Also, I dont really want to install the 15x8s without a front wheel that matches (guess im anal). Is there any size of summit/jegs wheel that fits? Maybe 16" or 17" with a huge spacer? Dont really care if they stick out. I just dont want to be the guinea pig, lol.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Lethal performance runs the 17" billet Specialties street lites on there old car they are a lot cheaper than bogarts. Other than changing to GT front brakes you are not going to find a set of 15's that are going to fit. Even my 15" bogarts need GT front brakes to fit.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Lethal performance runs the 17" billet Specialties street lites on there old car they are a lot cheaper than bogarts. Other than changing to GT front brakes you are not going to find a set of 15's that are going to fit. Even my 15" bogarts need GT front brakes to fit.

You may be thinking of a different car, but on the front of our GT500 we are running the Greg Weld 17x4" wheels with a 25mm wheel spacer. The interference with the wheels is between the rear of the spoke and the top edge of the caliper. Even with the spacer, the gap is very, very tight.

andrewrj

Established Member
Well, Guess maybe I will have to buy a single front and see if I can make it work. What was the backspacing on that 17x4? Doesnt look like I can get cheap wheels in a 17x4 unfortinatly.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The Greg weld wheels are going to be as cheap as you can get, they are about $200 per wheel. They will fit, but you will need the 25mm spacers.

skyhighsd

Established Member
You may be thinking of a different car, but on the front of our GT500 we are running the Greg Weld 17x4" wheels with a 25mm wheel spacer. The interference with the wheels is between the rear of the spoke and the top edge of the caliper. Even with the spacer, the gap is very, very tight.

Oops my bad

Streetkiller

Established Member
I have the same problem now. I bought the 15" x 8" summit pulsars (which fit without the relocation kit for the sway bar). I have heard you can put the skinny's (15" x 4") up front with a large spacer. My friend has an 2004 cobra with 15" welds up front, I'm just not sure what size his factory brakes are. My car looks a little retarded with two different wheels on it, but it does hook up a hell of alot better.

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I have the same problem now. I bought the 15" x 8" summit pulsars (which fit without the relocation kit for the sway bar). I have heard you can put the skinny's (15" x 4") up front with a large spacer. My friend has an 2004 cobra with 15" welds up front, I'm just not sure what size his factory brakes are. My car looks a little retarded with two different wheels on it, but it does hook up a hell of alot better.

The 03-04 cobras use a 13" rotor with a 2 piston caliper. The GT500 uses a 14" rotor with a 4 piston caliper. The only 15" skinny that's going to fit the front of the GT500 is going to be custom, unfortunately.

davidhuff

Established Member
These Bogarts will clear your front brakes, and yes, they are custom made.

IMG_0680_1_1.jpg

mixxer

Established Member
We have bogart set ups for the gt500's. 17 x 4.5 front bogeys and 15 x 10 rear center caps and hardware. Call me and i will get a price for you. relocation for sway is required with that setup.

Users who are viewing this thread