Sister says stinky exhaust

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
it smells because you're not running cats. black is either burning oil or rich. get the a/f checked.

Fast Fridge

Whine my way to Victory
Established Member
truck is completely stock other than air intake. Stock exhaust too. Could it be something to do with the MAF?

It had a check engine light on after it came back from the dealer after fuel filter change. Has not run the same since and under full throttle it hicups.

Dusten

Established Member
Fast Fridge said:
truck is completely stock other than air intake. Stock exhaust too. Could it be something to do with the MAF?

It had a check engine light on after it came back from the dealer after fuel filter change. Has not run the same since and under full throttle it hicups.

I'l never understand this. If you take a vehicle to a dealer, and after getting it back it isnt right, why take it? Give it back, tell them to fix the sonofabitch and give you a god damned loaner because this is thier mistake now.

ducman996

Established Member
All I can think about is funny comments about driving behind your sister and checking out the exhaust, but I'll refrain.

Your running rich. Now is it putting out black smoke just at 2/3erds to WOT or is it all the time and at part throttle. If its all the time (in closed loop operation) then its probably one of the front O2 sensors is bad or an injector stuck open. If its at WOT (open loop) then its just the stock tune is just too rich. But from your last post it makes me think there is something wrong like the injector or the O2 sensors. You MAF is probably OK because if it were dirty it would be more likely to not meter all the air comming in and cause a lean condition.

Fast Fridge

Whine my way to Victory
Established Member
ducman996 said:
All I can think about is funny comments about driving behind your sister and checking out the exhaust, but I'll refrain.

Your running rich. Now is it putting out black smoke just at 2/3erds to WOT or is it all the time and at part throttle. If its all the time (in closed loop operation) then its probably one of the front O2 sensors is bad or an injector stuck open. If its at WOT (open loop) then its just the stock tune is just too rich. But from your last post it makes me think there is something wrong like the injector or the O2 sensors. You MAF is probably OK because if it were dirty it would be more likely to not meter all the air comming in and cause a lean condition.

The injectors are what they cleaned apparently with the service, I did take it back to the dealer and they said nothing was wrong.

Thanks for your input. I will look into the injectors

Users who are viewing this thread