Sirius / XM advice.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Hi,
I am looking for a headset replacement for my 03. I am looking to get either Sirius or XM, so that is a must. I assume I can't use any headset? I seem to recall the Mustangs have a custom plug hookup??

I'm interested in what replacement units are being used by the posters here. I have not made my mind up which service I want more. I am still looking through the content, but am leaning towards Sirius.

Thanks,
Bruce

Brucealeg

Established Member
I have seen what a receiver costs with built in satalite. Another route would be to add RCA (splice cable) to my current unit, so I could use a RCA capable add on unit.

Anyone know what a good cable to accomplish this might be?

I want to know my options.

Bruce

ScrmngYellow04

Somebody's Watching Me
Established Member
I have a myfi that I got for Christmas.
You can get a bracket from pro fit international for $30 dollars if you want that.

I am thinking about getting sirius hooked up also through the factory stereo and see which service I like the best.

XM just went up in price to the same as Sirius.

XM has changed there lineup a little bit and the last I checked it was still 3 dollars a month to listen on line.

With sirius you pay the one flat fee. Just dont know how there channel lineup is.

Oh xm also has a few minutes an hour of commercials on any channel that is not a music channel.

The last I heard sirius is still commercial free.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
ScrmngYellow04 said:
I have a myfi that I got for Christmas.
You can get a bracket from pro fit international for $30 dollars if you want that.

I am thinking about getting sirius hooked up also through the factory stereo and see which service I like the best.

XM just went up in price to the same as Sirius.

XM has changed there lineup a little bit and the last I checked it was still 3 dollars a month to listen on line.

With sirius you pay the one flat fee. Just dont know how there channel lineup is.

Oh xm also has a few minutes an hour of commercials on any channel that is not a music channel.

The last I heard sirius is still commercial free.

The price increase added Internet XM as a standard part of the service.

Brucealeg

Established Member
I had a chance to preview both services and found Sirius more to my liking. I enjoyed the music and overall content more.

Bruce

Hot Wheels

Established Member
I picked Sirius over XM because I enjoy the NFL over College ball. Still thinking about buying the receiver for the Mach 460 but I can't get over the price.

TTA89

Established Member
I have 4 subs to Sirius. It rocks... Look at the Channel line ups for both and see what appeals to you more. Don't listen to the people that say XM is better than Sirius or vice versa. They both are 1000000000X better than FM and AM and you will be hooked and not want to ever drive again without it! The content is different between them and one might appeal more to you than the other. I think for people that listen to Rock Sirius has a better lineup but you choose for yourself, you might listen to Country of which I have heard XM is better for.

I have 3x Clarion Pro Audio Headunits and 1x Kenwood in the cars. I like the Clarions Better but now most companys have both XM and Sirius in the same headunit, you just need to buy the proper Sat Reciever to hide in the trunk.

I don't like the "add on" setups, looks cluttered and they don't sound as good with the FM modulators but thats up to you. The stock headunits don't play MP3s which I like so thats another reason I have them all sitting in the closet. :)

I bought Sirius for my Dad last Fathers day and he sent me an email last week letting me know that He is going on a Trip with my Mom to Washington DC in 2 weeks and what will it take to get Sirius in her car. He said they will take the truck if we can't get it installed by then.

You can't go wrong with Sat, It is Soooo worth the money. :)

Last edited:

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Where do you get the antenna that you hide in the trunk? I dont want one of those antennas on my roof anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread