Sirius window sticker

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
I saw someone with a "damn dealer sticker" thread and I have a little issue of my own. it's pretty simple. i peeled off the "equipped with Sirius" transparent sticker off the window of my new ford escape. well it left this really really sticky buildup on the inside window glass. it just doesn't come off with regular window cleaner. household or automotive. what product would get this off. it looks like crap because part of the image is still there but with no backing. its some adhesive crap.
i'm sure there has to be a simple solution. what can i use to remove this from my glass without hurting the glass?

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Hmmm...

Goof Off
Mineral Spirits
WD-40

Try scrubbing with a #0000 steel wool. Don't worry it won't scratch your glass. Tinters use it to remove the adhesive left by previous window tint when cleaning the window.

I'm suprised that windex didn't work as it contains ammonia and is pretty powerful against adhesives.

If its a clean piece of glass, skip the steel wool idea, and go straight to using a new razor blade. A dull one can scratch the glass.

The steel wool is excellent for glass like your rear glass with the defroster lines as it wont damage them.

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
Hmmm...

Goof Off
Mineral Spirits
WD-40

Try scrubbing with a #0000 steel wool. Don't worry it won't scratch your glass. Tinters use it to remove the adhesive left by previous window tint when cleaning the window.

I'm suprised that windex didn't work as it contains ammonia and is pretty powerful against adhesives.

If its a clean piece of glass, skip the steel wool idea, and go straight to using a new razor blade. A dull one can scratch the glass.

The steel wool is excellent for glass like your rear glass with the defroster lines as it wont damage them.

outstanding. thank you. i was surprised it didnt take it all of either. but when i found myself rubbing into it harder than i would like to see, i thought i would stop and ask if there was something out there for this.
i actually have some goo gone in the garage. never thought to use it on a window. i'll try using that as smartly as possible before going further.

wjlane

Seduced by the Dark Side
Established Member
Goo Gone is all you need. It worked for me and it only took a couple rubs to get it off. I also used it on my inspection sticker removal on the windshield.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Goop Hand cleaner, Windex/Razor blade; GooGone; WD40...pretty much any petroleum based solvent will take it off safely.

jokerwylde

Established Member
If you do happen to use a razor blade, make sure you only use one side of it, don't flip it over and use the other side. The blade will develop a burr after you use it a couple of times, and you can scratch the glass if you use both sides.

Another option would be a plastic razor blade.

Users who are viewing this thread