Sir your 03' Cobra has arrived! Please come in for pickup!

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
:lol: :D :lol:

Sorry guys for the teaser but I had to do it! No, I haven't recieved my 03' cobra. It seemed we needed a new thread to keep us busy while the moment of truth awaits.... So here it is.....

If you did in fact recieve this very phone call today from your dealer how would plan your first week with the car? Would you strip down the factory wax with dawn and Zaino the crap out of it? Would you rush straight out to the dyno with it? Or would you drive it across 2 states just put the break in miles on it? Take it to all your LS1 friends and go looking for Vettes or what? Spill it guys, what exactly do you plan on doing to your car the first week you have it and in what order. Now dream away. :burnout:

Please don't flame me first, lol. :-D

eddy z

Established Member
well, i am firm believer in breakingthe car in for the first 500 miles..I would dod that, then change the oil at 500. After 500, I will drive it hard all the time.. Before that, I will drive simple with some busrts of power mixed in it, of course to test the tires, and all...

I would not wax the car until at least 30 days or so...

Well, Iwould take to cruise nights to show it off to all F bodies with a 40,000 grin, top down of course..

I just can't wait

El Culebra

Established Member
What would I do?

First I will take that crappy Mach Stereo system and throw in my JL 300/4, 500/1 install my JL XR Series Ford speakers, my JL W7 10" Sub, JL Boost knob, and last but not least my Alpine 7995 MP3 capable Head unit and CD/CD-RW 6 Disk MP3 changer. Then those factory pipes will have to go and be replaced with a Bassani X pipe and cat back system, a Tri X or Pro 5.0 Shifter. Then wash and polish it depending in the quality of the finish may be wax it. wax on wax off....eheh. Then just take for a cruise no need to seek out the Chevy folk they will know by the little "Culebra" emblem on the side of the car, epecailly the Beamer crowd thay think they are so cool not bring on that M5 or M2 or is it M3....oh well. C-ya guys.
:D

Yellow Horse

Established Member
First afternoon I'll drive it around about 30 miles and then I'll install the Bassani O/R x-pipe and catback, Baer Eradispeed Plus front brake rotors and my Bob White rear bumper inserts and wind shield decal that I've had waiting on the car since the first of May the same afternoon. I can't drive a Cobra with a stock exhaust. Then I'll drive it like eddyz.

Probably dyno it after 750 miles and take it to the local 1/8 mile track soon after.

It's 7 o'clock and my dealer failed to call me back again for the n-th time to give me a delivery. Maybe they didn't get it from Ford yet. I haven't spoken to them before today for three weeks. I wanted to make sure they knew I was breathing and that silver coupe is mine when it get's here. I was told it would come by rail to W. NC. I hope to get it early next week if I'm lucky. One way or another, it's on the way a a few more days aint going to hurt too bad.

:beer:

Last edited:

i8u

Established Member
First I will install a off-road h-pipe and a 62mm T/B upon delivery.
Then I will break it in for the first 1000. After that It will be off to the dyno for a baseline w/ stock parts, and then with the T/B and h-pipe. Some time a pully for sure!! Also some flowmasters.

StreetSnake

Established Member
The first day Im just gonna park it in my garage and worship it. Then being from S. Fla I gotta get the windows tinted, Then a Borla catback and then back to the garage to worship some more.:thumbsup:

C_Record

Established Member
Street Snake wrote:
"Then a Borla catback.."

Excellent choice, my pick also.

El Culebra

Established Member
Go Bassani i have it my 2001 and I live near a ritzy part of town in Palo Alto,CA the Ferrari owners have asked my what kind of pipe do you have it has a distinct sound and the performance is excellent.:D

NXCobra

Established Member
Break-in? Yeah, its hard to walk around the pits lately with all the top fuelers driving around breaking in their engines before they race.

fangstang

Established Member
If I get it, I will first drive it everywhere for about an hour or so, then park it and stare at it, drive some more and show all my friends, then park it and stare at it some more. I'll keep the rims nice and clean and wash it when its dirty. Install my o/r BBK X-pipe alond with a magnaflow catback, tri-ax, K&N, and probably tint it all in the first week. After 700 miles.........:burnout:

ALL DAY LONG

cobra 829

Established Member
RAY WHITFEILD HAS A MINERAL GRAY READY TO BE PICK THE GUY CANT GET THE CREDIT THEY WANT MSRP PLUS 200 FOR EATCHING THEY ARE IN MICHIGAN IN TAYLOR ASK FOR JOHN:beer:

mineral03

Established Member
Break in?? Whats that?? J/k... m htinkin about putting about 500 miles on it ( prolly one days worth) then its of to the dyno, and then to sacramento raceway to get some baselines. Aftert that, a FRPP 3" exhaust is next, might swap in some spin tech mufflers, some long tubes headers, x pipe, maybe a blower pulley..... then maybe an autorotor blower upgrade.... ok, maybe the last one will be a ways away, but still......

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Through cleaning with at least 5 coats of Zaino Z2. Flowmaster 40 "Delta's", Sequenced flashing lights, Tri-Ax, cruise the South Florida beaches with the top down.

hantzis

Established Member
Watch out for the new Bassani catted X pipes. There were a few posts on the Corral of people stating that they aren't passing emission tests in their Cobras. Word is that they downgraded the cats and as a result are not passing emission tests.

Here is the post from Chris Ihara, founder of corral.net:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I highly recommend getting a Magnaflow X-Pipe with Cats and a Magnaflow Cat-back exhaust system.

With the Magnaflow Cat-back system our project car picked up 13.5 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER and 9.4 lb/ft of REAR WHEEL TORQUE!!

I recommend the Magnaflow X pipe over the Bassani X-Pipe because Bassani is now using cheaper 2-way cats. I have found that cars with recently produced Bassani Catted X-pipes are NOT passing emissions for Nitrogens of Oxides. The Magnaflow X pipe is using a 3-way cat which should solve that problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StangD281

Established Member
I agree with the Bassani cats sucking ass. My emissions wasnt anywhere near perfect, and more than likely will fail in two years. With the cheaper cats, it also causes the idiot light to come on, and when code scanned, its always the same regarding the cats. I have no complaints about the power increase, nor the sound, because its basically an off-road pipe with the cheap cats! But for upcoming vehicles, I will be looking elsewhere besides Bassani.

i8u

Established Member
Thanks for that info. I was looking at basani, but Now I won't. I would be pissed If I paid for cats and I still didn't pass emissions. Anyone else not satisfied with their bassani x-pipes w/ cats?

Users who are viewing this thread