Single with sway bar and A/C

Dilley

Established Member
First off I've searcher but found. I thing yet so if this has been answered feel free to direct me to the thread. Does any company make headers/hot side kits that keep both the A/C and the front sway bar?
Thanks

z28misfit

Established Member
Im in the VERY slow process of building my car and plan on doing a single turbo setup. So far Ive found out just as much info as you,,pretty much looks like you have to delete one or the other. My plan of attack is to purchase some type of turbo header and do my best to fab up my own merge pipe and what not so I can keep both A/C and sway bar. I thought of using maybe THP's headers or HPP's? not sure who's to use. Id love to use CG fabs headers but I have a feeling I wont be able to make a merge pipe to keep both A/C and sway bar with those headers.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I have the CG Fab FF hot side with AC but no sway bar. From looking at mine, IMO any FF header wont clear the sway bar unless it drops striaght down at the front of the motor or comes between the K member where the stock coil spring would be.

z28misfit

Established Member
I have the CG Fab FF hot side with AC but no sway bar. From looking at mine, IMO any FF header wont clear the sway bar unless it drops striaght down at the front of the motor or comes between the K member where the stock coil spring would be.

If you look at pictures of the THP headers they look like they might work out?The THP headers are not quite a true FF header.But like you said a true FF header like a CG header more than likely wont clear both A/C and sway bar together.

Dilley

Established Member
I received an email from Jim at THP with pictures of their single headers but not on a car. I responded asking if they clear the AC and fsb.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
I guess if you have both that would be nice if you could post them up

Here they are after getting them back from the coaters. The one in front is the pass side header.
418312_396739967019541_853366330_n.jpg

I only have a shot of the drivers side header while I had the motor still on the stand unfortunately.
tNNPYVC.jpg

And on the car. I am taking it back apart from my test fitting so the sway bar is unhooked, no turbo, etc. It all fits though.

Pass side through k-member
xwJ9jEG.jpg

Wider shot showing how it routes
GAg1dSW.jpg

Drivers side. This was tricky to try and get a photo of.
VdAbVv6.jpg

Xa16csv.jpg

z28misfit

Established Member
Thanks for the pics..this gives me another option to consider now. I guess Im basically down to these headers or the THP ones..because keeping the sway bar and a/c is a must for me.

z28misfit

Established Member
VADEi2 you setup looks pretty decent as well. I would love to save myelf the hassle and do like you did and just have someone build the turbo kit for me since Im no fabricator. I can handle the engine build no problem but I just don't think I can pay the money for a shop to build me the turbo kit. Im going to attempt all the piping myself minus the headers of course.

z28misfit

Established Member
To the OP apparently it seems that CG fabrication now has a hotside for those of us looking into a single turbo setup that retains a/c and front sway bar. Just figured I would suggest a third option for you and anyone else reading this thread.

Dilley

Established Member
To the OP apparently it seems that CG fabrication now has a hotside for those of us looking into a single turbo setup that retains a/c and front sway bar. Just figured I would suggest a third option for you and anyone else reading this thread.

Thanks for letting me know that's something to consider on another car, Ive decided to go the TVS route on this car

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Not sure I would call a header pointing out to the wheel a forward facing header even if it is only on one side. Where is on3 running the downpipe these days. Still over the A-arm?

Users who are viewing this thread