Single turbo, stock motor '03 Cobra on the dyno...

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Russ Martin brought his absolutely pristine '03 Cobra to DGR Performance this morning for a dyno tune after doing some upgrades over the winter. He upgraded his 76mm turbo to the new Precision 76 with billet wheel and did a custom 4" downpipe. His bone stock motor is still making crazy power after years of abuse which includes over 80 nine second 1/4 mile runs. This year his goal is 8.99 or better and I wish him the best of luck!:beer:

Heres a quick video...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaE1JKEWIg8"]YouTube - Russ on DGR dyno[/nomedia]

rmartin

Established Member
dyno

Thanks Ken for posting it. Very happy with the results. need to make a few changes and and 8.99s are a decent track away, I hope. Either way Dave is responsible for keeping this thing together over the past 6 years.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
:pop::pop::pop::pop:

Thanks for leaving me hangin'.. lol..

Car looks amazing Russ. Those rear tires really fill it up out back !!

Good luck this year. Denice and I are going to get down there to watch sometime.

And yes, the tune is where it's at to make these things live !! :burnout:

JR

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Very nice Russ. This has been one of the amazing Terminators! Especially with the stock block. Good luck this year with hitting the 8's!

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
How much power did that bad boy put down?

764 rwhp thru a C4 trans...

There is def more power to be made. Tuning for more power was cut short due to maxxing his fuel pumps and pegging his MAF. Russ will also need to upgrade his wastegate.

Sweet! Is it still on the factory computer also?

Yes, factory computer, SCT tuner.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
764 rwhp thru a C4 trans...

There is def more power to be made. Tuning for more power was cut short due to maxxing his fuel pumps and pegging his MAF. Russ will also need to upgrade his wastegate.

Yes, factory computer, SCT tuner.

That's amazing!

rmartin

Established Member
dyno

Thanks everyone. JR you two need to let me know when you get down this way. It's really hard for me to believe that this motor is still together. Its almost funny how much abuse it has been thru.

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
JR you two need to let me know when you get down this way.

We will look you up at the track! We'll be the ones rooting you on from the stands, lol. We all have cabin fever.....BAD! Good luck to you, Russ, for the upcoming race season. Be safe!:beer:

silver03tt

Established Member
Russ, that car is amazing. My (well was mine till I sold it) 03 twin turbo cobra is still going strong on the stock motor also thanks to Dave's tunes. It hasn't seen near as many passes as yours Russ, but it has seen plenty of street abuse...LOL I had to buy drag radials twice a year and the new owner also went through two sets last summer. I don't think I would trust anyone else to tune a big power street car that's for sure..:-D Maybe I'll see you at Mason this summer and witness one of those 8 sec. passes

Last edited:

rmartin

Established Member
Russ, that car is amazing. My (well was mine till I sold it) 03 twin turbo cobra is still going strong on the stock motor also thanks to Dave's tunes. It hasn't seen near as many passes as yours Russ, but it has seen plenty of street abuse...LOL I had to buy drag radials twice a year and the new owner also went through two sets last summer. I don't think I would trust anyone else to tune a big power street car that's for sure..:-D Maybe I'll see you at Mason this summer and witness one of those 8 sec. passes
WOw. didn't know you sold yours. I hope to be there in a few weeks. May go to MIR for the first time but I will probably just head 30 min down the rd to dixon.

Users who are viewing this thread