Single turbo guys.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Sold my 3.4 crusher and going turbo. Anyone running CG single T06? How large of a turbo could you run without modifying radiator or anything else? Any tips or tricks I should keep an eye on?

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Ive read the kit was designed with a 76mm. I have a larger housing 72mm and it just does clear the timing cover. A inch or two of clearance from turbo to rad. i did have to trim my stock fan to clear the outlet on the cold side of the turbo.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I run the t4 single kit. With a turbonetics tc78 I have very little room for anything bigger. Even with moving the radiator forward, because there is little room on the engine side as well

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Hush Cody. Thanks y'all going to talk to Caleb and see what he's got to say.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
^^ I will do. Twins are too much trouble.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I've got a PTE 7675CEA on his hotside. The compressor side is the tight spot, I've got just enough room to squeeze my turbo blanket on to clear the pulleys on the timing cover. I cant see an 88 fitting.

Mystic03

Established Member
I've got a PTE 7675CEA on his hotside. The compressor side is the tight spot, I've got just enough room to squeeze my turbo blanket on to clear the pulleys on the timing cover. I cant see an 88 fitting.

Good to know! Same turbo I will be goin with!

Mystic03

Established Member

Good to know! Same turbo I will be goin with!

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Caleb said I'd have to move the fan/radiator forward to clear the 80. Looks like some fab work is in my future.

Last edited:

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Who is this?

image_zpsaacc9d16.jpg

image_zps2d80417f.jpg

Last edited:

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
All this talk about a big single turbo, I have to ask... Has anyone maxed out a good 76mm on a built engine? I cant find any posts. The reason I ask is because I am thinking about doing it.

^ That turbonetics pic looks like a hellion beast kit with a 88mm Y2K. I have that turbo sitting in my basement if your interested. Wasn't used in my cobra though.

Last edited:

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Pte7675 would be enough to run mid low 5s on a mod motor I guess depending on weight of car. A 5.4 with a cast wheel 80mm powered my buddies car to a 4.9

462AF01B-56BF-4DC8-951E-568F75F34981_zpsxpenf7pv.jpg

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
All this talk about a big single turbo, I have to ask... Has anyone maxed out a good 76mm on a built engine? I cant find any posts. The reason I ask is because I am thinking about doing it.

^ That turbonetics pic looks like a hellion beast kit with a 88mm Y2K. I have that turbo sitting in my basement if your interested. Wasn't used in my cobra though.

I plan to have my car runnin late aug ill keep you updated :thumbsup:

04cobrasvt

whipple charged
Established Member
I have a CG fab hot side with a large frame 85mm turbo and I had to push my aftermarket rad forward a few inches.

Users who are viewing this thread