Single Chamber Flowmaster

blksvttrmin8r

Well guys i have the SLP Loudmouth 1 catback and am far from happy, it's loud and i like the volume but it has no tone at all..I am also running an o/r Mac Prochamber... i was wondering how single chamber mufflers bolted in the place of the resonators would sound?.... has anyone done this or have experience with these mufflers?...would love to hear some comments. Thanks.

-Alex

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
Im curious as well. Have the same cat back and wanting to change the tone. Not so much for the one chamber , but if you can replace the resonator with any flowmaster or mac muffler for that matter ? Bump for another curious party

DSGGT

Rickdaddy
Established Member
Well bud, the 1 chamber Flowmasters or 10 series Flowmasters sound really good. The have a lot of tone and are really deep and loud. With your Prochamber it would sound really damn good.

ScareCrow

Established Member
but can they be bolted or welded into the slp catback ? i know im looking for the same change , but dont want to have to do any sort of modification to the catback

blksvttrmin8r

well guys i just got back from the muffler shop and got the single chamber flows put on..... they had to put extentions on the mufflers themselves because the flows are shorter than the resonators.... the had to weld the extentions on but did not touch the pipes from the catback...they used the stock clamps and to change the resonators back in it would only take minutes. The sound is great! they are really throaty and pretty loud. i would recomend this setup to anyone looking to get that chambered muffler sound.... not to mention the torque down low feels much better.

-Alex

ScareCrow

Established Member
This is good news. Aside from the extentions having to be added , did they have to flange the opening either on the catback or the mufflers themselves to fit together ?
And if you dont mind , what did it run you to have the extentions made and welded on ?
Glad it worked out for ya , think I may end up going that route as well.

blksvttrmin8r

well they had to spread the pipes out just a little on the ends of the SLP catback so the other pipes could fit in because the clamps were on so tight that the pipes closed up a bit. the mufflers and labor cost $200. good luck on your decision.

-Alex

Users who are viewing this thread