Single blade tb question

gwalker

Established Member
I have a 03 with a 2.3 whipple with a stock tb. Is it worth it to switch to single blade tb and buy the inlet also? Its kinda expensive and just wondering if i would be better off spending the $$ elsewhere??

ctgreddy

Established Member
Is it a bone stock tb or is it ported atleast? if you have a stock one I'd imagine it's really holding you back power wise. what kind of numbers did you make? If you dont want to pay the money to get your inlet changed, I think you can get them machined/ported so they work with single blades. or get a bbk and get that ported which will be almost as good as a sbtb.

gwalker

Established Member
Is it a bone stock tb or is it ported atleast? if you have a stock one I'd imagine it's really holding you back power wise. what kind of numbers did you make? If you dont want to pay the money to get your inlet changed, I think you can get them machined/ported so they work with single blades. or get a bbk and get that ported which will be almost as good as a sbtb.

It made 562/530 with a 3.1 pulley. Can i tell by looking at it if it was ported or not? I bought the car with the whipple on it.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
the first thing i noticed when i installed my accufab single blade tb was the improved throttle response, that alone was worth the money for me. i would definitely go single blade if you have a whipple.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Seeing as the stocker is a bottlneck on a ported Eaton, yes do the single blade. The throttle response is a great bonus.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
I'm actually researching this, see my other thread.

I picked up 20/20 by swapping a Posi ported stock with a BBK Twin 65, which is for sale.

I just bought an inlet and SBTB, once installed, I'll go to the dyno and post improvements, if any.

gwalker

Established Member
Thanks everyone!

Now, should i got for the throttle body first or longtubes?

testorossa1989

Established Member
If the supercharger isnt mounted. It might be cost effective if you brough it to a machine shop and had them remove the space and then install the oval mono blade throttlebody. I cant see them charging more than $150 for such a service and im sure an inlet will run you a nice price from whipple.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
If the supercharger isnt mounted. It might be cost effective if you brough it to a machine shop and had them remove the space and then install the oval mono blade throttlebody. I cant see them charging more than $150 for such a service and im sure an inlet will run you a nice price from whipple.

I know of a used SBTB inlet for a 2.3 for $200.

Silverboost

Established Member
I don't think you can just modify the inlet for a single blade throttle without doing something with the IAC....find some of the old Posi post about it because this was a service he used to offer.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
Torrance, im def interested. Shoot me a pm with info please!

Garrett

Garrett, I checked with the guy that I thought had another, he doesn't... Sorry for the bad info.

I do have a polished stock style, access to a machine shop and Posi on speed dial. I'd be willing to put the work in, if that's something you'd be interested in, for the same price...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread