Simple Question: Is the rear camber adjustable?

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Is the rear camber adjustable on the terminator. That's all I want to know.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Is the rear camber adjustable on the terminator. That's all I want to know.

Last time mine was aligned they couldn't adjust the camber anywhere.. They said there was no factory specs for it. I was told to get MM caster Camber plates to help out a little.

03arboc

03 Redfire
Established Member
the camber is adjustable in the rear. There is a bolt that has a oval shaped piece welded to it. you have to take the wheel of to adjust the camber. it is a pain to do so most shops will not adjust it.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Last time mine was aligned they couldn't adjust the camber anywhere.. They said there was no factory specs for it. I was told to get MM caster Camber plates to help out a little.

What kind of alignment shop is that? :bash: Our cars have toe and camber adjustment in the front and rear. No caster adjustment in the front or rear. There is limited camber adjustment with the stock plates on the front strut tower so that is where the MM caster/camber plates shine, not only providing more camber adjustment but also caster adjustment. :read:

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
What kind of alignment shop is that? :bash: Our cars have toe and camber adjustment in the front and rear. No caster adjustment in the front or rear. There is limited camber adjustment with the stock plates on the front strut tower so that is where the MM caster/camber plates shine, not only providing more camber adjustment but also caster adjustment. :read:

Oops.. Ya I was thinking caster adjustment... My bad

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
the camber is adjustable in the rear. There is a bolt that has a oval shaped piece welded to it. you have to take the wheel of to adjust the camber. it is a pain to do so most shops will not adjust it.

With some wheels (one would be the '00 Y2KR) , it is possible to adjust the rear camber with the wheel on. This is a great thing to be able to do when you're on the alignment rack.

Sometimes you will not get the amount of travel you need with the eccentric cam alone. You will need to apply external forces with a long ass 2x4 or something similar.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

bcwang

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Sounds like it isn't going to be easy to find a shop that can do the proper alignment for a good price then considering the difficulty of it. The Ford dealer made up reasons to not touch the rear camber, it sounds like they didn't want to spend the effort. Goodyear tells me the rear camber is not adjustable. Am I going to have to pay $240 to have custom alignment do it? I hope someone knows a shop in norcal that can do a good 4 wheel alignment job on this car at a more reasonable price.

What's so different about the 2k-R wheels that makes the adjustment doable with the wheels on?

Users who are viewing this thread