simple pleasures

jason6488

Established Member
name something worth way more to you than you paid for. for me, hot wings, hot chicks, good game on tv...

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Bjs bowling and seafood
Edit:I've got a lot of money tied in my girl so bjs are some payback

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
A good cigar that didn't cost much. No hype driving up the prices, just a damn good smoke.

jason6488

Established Member
I'm kinda being hypocritical here.. I've defiled a few bar bathrooms with a lady (?) back in my 20s.. I've mellowed out a bit in my 30s though.. nothing like the look on other patrons faces though when both of you walk out of a stall drunk as skunks... lol... and theres a line.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Fishing...
stream...trout...
beach /jetty...stripers, fluke...
lake/boat...bass, pickerel.

Nature in general. Can't beat it

Adower

Established Member
Hanging out at the river with my wife and dog.

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking up at the night sky. No matter how many times I have done it, that first second or two, seeing those photons that have traveled so far, so long, to fall on my retinas at that moment ... knocks my socks off every time.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Spending time with my dad these days. He doesn't really share my car hobbies, but we watch a game or used to work on our basement.

Its something I took for granted in the past, but even though I'm only 25, I've already known a few HS classmates who've lost their parents.

My dad has a brain tumor (non cancerous) now and while it looks like everything will be fine, it doesn't matter if its a couple $6 burgers or $1000 in building materials, its s cheap price to pay spending time together.

As far as the simplest pleasures go:

Back before I was promoted to a salary position, punching the time clock at the end of the day/week.

Placing my hands under cool side of a pillow on a hot summer day or sitting in the recliner by a fire watching snow fall at the start of winter vacation.

Driving in the wee morning hours, listening to late night radio like Coast to Coast. I never took the Mustang (it was a 96 GT then) because of bugs and deer, but the summer after my senior year I'd leave town around midnight and just drive to some random town for breakfast at a small town diner. I think I was looking for a place to set down roots, but somehow found myself settled back in my old hometown.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
You are so right. This May will be the second year without our dad around.

Spending time with my dad these days. He doesn't really share my car hobbies, but we watch a game or used to work on our basement.

Its something I took for granted in the past, but even though I'm only 25, I've already known a few HS classmates who've lost their parents.

My dad has a brain tumor (non cancerous) now and while it looks like everything will be fine, it doesn't matter if its a couple $6 burgers or $1000 in building materials, its s cheap price to pay spending time together.

Posted via Topify on Android

Users who are viewing this thread