Simple Green foam gun intial thoughts.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
w00t!!! I got a early Christmas present, a Simple Green foam gun
Luckily i had just enough time to try it tonite and the rain stopped so i had a short period to try it.
I love it.
I used my moms '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee (black). It hasnt had any prep yet, due to weather and timing issues, but im hoping to get some time to do it for a Christmas present. It had a good amount of dirt on the sides from recent heavy rains.
I put 2oz of TOL BB into the contianer and sprayed just water to wet the surface then went to the 4:1 solution and sprayed it on the SUV and let it dwell for about 5 minutes. I used my 2 bucket method still and I noticed that the mitt was gliding a lot easier even on the really dirty areas. I then rinsed and dried and there wasnt any dirt left.

I plan on using it tomorrow on my STI, so I will get pics then.

I do need to get a quick disconnect so I do my soak step easier.

So far my only complaint is that the its hard sometimes to screw the bottle onto the nozzle.
My car is just as dirty if not dirtier so it will be a good test.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
please take pictures of the entire process including on how the foam Spray's. I'm curious about it & might buy one.
yea, ill try to remeber lol :rockon:

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Here are the pics, sorry,they arent my best...i was kind of rushing a bit becuase my family is coming so i couldnt time it perfect, but they should suffice for now. Ill try and take better pics and notes on the process next time.
Gun not on the pistol grip:
IMG_2950.jpg

Spraying:
IMG_2953.jpg

1.jpg

Foam:
IMG_2956.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2955.jpg

Last edited:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Wow thanks for the Pics. Also once you spray do you still use a wash bucket ? or just use a Mitt ? Also where can i buy one ?

P.s= how much Liquid car wash do you insert inside the container ?

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Very nice " DarkSti " 80$ FOR IT. my question now is. If you are still using the 2 bucket method to wash why would you need a Foamer. ? what benefit can we get from it ?

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
Very nice " DarkSti " 80$ FOR IT. my question now is. If you are still using the 2 bucket method to wash why would you need a Foamer. ? what benefit can we get from it ?
it cuts down the wash time i found due that it lifts up the dirt so the mitt can be used more before being put in to the 2nd bucket to rinse, it losens up heavier dirt really well. You can use less soap since it is diluted and you dont need to use as much as if you were doing the car without the foam.

Users who are viewing this thread